“Good for a night by the airport”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport
Ranked #83 of 166 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Pros: good shuttle service:
Convenient airport location
Cons: no breakfast included. Other Crowne Plazas I have stayed in offer quick continental breakfast since most guests need something quick before catching their flight.

Stayed: July 2013
CPMTL, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing the Crowne Plaza Montreal. We're glad to hear that you were able to benefit from our location as well as our 24H complimentary shuttle to the Airport.

Once again, we thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with fellow travelers and we look forward to welcoming you back on future occasions.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a good, basic hotel, and the front-desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Wifi is free and works most of the time. There is plenty of parking behind the hotel. The indoor pool is nice, and has a large water slide - very enjoyable with kids. We did not have the breakfast buffet, but the American breakfast was large and hearty. Cons - the location is in an industrial area close to the airport. There is practically nothing to do around it, and access through inner roads can take a while to get used to. Also - highways to downtown are very congested during peak hours (3pm and later on weekdays). At night, it took us less than 15min to get back from downtown. Also, on Sat night, they had 4 parties going on simultaneously including a wedding - it was loud, and the parking lot was quite full. Also, one of the two elevators was out of service, which caused quite a wait in the morning time.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms would not have the wedding party noise. Rooms at the back have double beds, with...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing the Crowne Plaza Montreal Airport. We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we lived up to your expectations with our services.

I have passed on your kind comments to our Front Desk associates and they were very proud to learn the news.

Once again, we thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I got stuck here after a flight cancellation stranded me in Montreal until the next day. Overall, this is an okay hotel, with a lot of ragged edges. The room looked pretty recently updated. It was clean, but still had some issues. For example, the shower curtain rod had been pulled down at some point and the damage was repaired with VERY rough patching.

Overall, the hotel was probably a nice place 30 years ago, but seems very worn now. (The 70's era mall-style fountain in the back lobby is a real through back!) A lot of the common areas need updating and new furnishings. In addition, while I was there, only one elevator was working. This resulted is some very long waits.

On the plus side, breakfast was good and the hotel staff was very attentive. In addition, the wifi is free and the shuttle to the airport is dependable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Crowne Plaza Montreal. We are happy to hear that, for the most part you had a pleasant and a comfortable stay. We appreciate your feedback and it is only through receiving your valued opinion we are able to improve on our services.

We thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with fellow travels.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed in this hotel as it was close to the airport. I was by myself and stayed for one night. It was easy to find in my rental car and there was plenty of parking. The parking lot is a long from the front door but you can enter through the rear door marked "banquets" and save yourself a long walk (this could be better signed)
The front desk was friendly and check-in was quick. Room service breakfast was surprisingly inexpensive and arrived on time (although they forgot my toast and there was no ketchup - they offered to go down and get some but I told them I would make due).
My only real complaint is that my room was right next to the elevator shaft and I could hear the elevators rising and falling during my entire stay. I was able to sleep through it but I know that if my wife was with me we would have had to move rooms.
Finally, I met a friend for a few drinks and chicken wings and nachos in the restaurant and everything was great on that front.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face the parking lot and a cement plant. Even numbered rooms face the airport.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Montreal Airport for your recent stay in Montreal. we extremely value your feedback and we sincerely appreciate your kind comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back on future occasions.

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I have stopped here 4 times now as it is ideal for my early morning flights I often get booked on.

The rooms are well appointed and modern.

The location is suitable for nothing but airport travel, but compared to the Hol Inn next door this hotel often comes at comparable rates and is prob worth the little extra.

Shuttle to airport is reliable.

Front desk staff can not do enough to help and are great with PC members!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
CPMTL, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Crowne Plaza Montreal Airport. We’re very glad to hear that time after time we continue to provide you with constant reliable service. Indeed, our Front Desk team goes to great lengths in accommodating our guests needs and ensure a smooth stay at all times.
I have passed on your comments to our associates and they were very proud to learn your news.

Once again, we thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza and we look forward to welcoming you back on future occasions.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was my 3rd time in this hotel so there were no surprises...Its conveniently located next to the Airport which makes it a good (and reasonably priced) place to stay one night if you need to catch a flight the day after There is not much to do in the neighborhood; there's a supposedly good restaurant across the street and a "Subway" (restaurant) 15 minutes away but that's literally it. The hotel has a shuttle and they were kind enough and dropped me off at the nearest mall one day when I was bored. The breakfast was very good with a good selection of cheese, fruits, yogurts etc; the only thing that will turn it into an excellent breakfast is to have some vegetables but it seems like there are usually no Vegetables during breakfasts throughout Canadian hotels.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
CPMTL, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience concerning your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Montreal Airport. We’re very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of our services including our 24Hr airport shuttle. Also glad to hear that our shuttle was able to cater to your needs on your free day. We go to great length in satisfying our guests and accommodating all of their requests.

Once again, we thank you for your positive review and we look forward to welcoming you back on future occasions.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Was stranded due to weather. Marriott and Sheraton were sold out so I tried the crowne plaza instead of staying at the cheaper chain hotels like holiday inn express. Big, big, mistake!!! Place is old and worn out and the farthest hotel from the terminals. Bed tilted to the right, AC unit is very loud and black out blinds do not cover the whole window. The worst was that we got there at close to 11pm and THERE S NO FOOD AVAILABLE. Imagine no room service, no snacks, no food at the bar....no food. I explained that I was starving having been stuck on a plane on a runway for hours starting at 4pm and hadn't eaten dinner. They would not help us, would not go to the kitchen and get us any fruit, bread....nothing. Just kept saying there was no food in the hotel. Now, how could that be possible when breakfast service started in 7 hours. Bad service , crappy hotel conditions. Next time, holiday inn express here I come!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback concerning your recent stay at our hotel. I am terribly sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than satisfactory and I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

It is our goal to consistently exceed our guest expectations and we were disappointed to hear that this was not felt during your stay. We strive on providing our clients with a comfortable experience when staying with us and we hope to have the chance of welcoming you back to demonstrate our commitment to guest satisfaction.