“Wedding.”

Ranked #82 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Montreal, Canada
“Wedding.”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My family and I stayed here overnight in July 2011 because of my niece's wedding reception at this hotel. The hotel is known for it's banquet and reception facilities tied in to the Crown Plaza and is a popular choice for many. The hotel is above average in this regard and is quite clean , bright and up to date in amenities with a good location near the city and airport adjacent to highways or freeways. We did not use the restaurant but did use the pool facility that has a huge and fast indoor waterslide which my wife and I and our two kids loved. We would return to the Crown Plaza again if need be. Got a CAA/AAA rate of 123.00.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We were very happy to read that you enjoyed you stay, and that our hotel's decor and amenities were to your liking. In addition you mentioned our convenient location, in close proximity to major area highways. Last but not least we were pleased to hear that your family took advantage of our indoor heated pool with 150 foot water slide. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed May 18, 2012

While this is not a review of Priceline, let me begin by saying that my stay with Crowne Plaza Hotel in Dorval is due entirely to Priceline's policy of no refunds. Period.

I had been searching for a nice 3 or 4 star in either Old Montreal or Downtown to celebrate an anniversary with my better half. Instead, admittedly by my own fault, I chose the wrong area and this hotel was chosen for me. I was terribly disappointed. An airport hotel hardly seemed the place to spend ones first anniversary or a starting point for a weekend of activities based around the attractions of Montreal.

I contacted the hotel to determine where exactly it is located and and what amenities they offer. The woman answering the phones was very very polite and understanding and was very helpful. She explained that downtown is approximately 20 mins away by subway and that I could catch the hotel shuttle to the nearest subway stop.

I then inquired with the reservations manager about what type of room i had been booked into. After explaining my Priceline blunder and that I was concerned that, although I'm sure a lovely hotel, this is not where I had intended to celebrate my anniversary. The manager was understanding and incredibly pleasant. He upgraded our room from the standard "run of house" room sold by Priceline to an Executive King and assured me that the Hotel staff would do everything they could to make it a pleasant weekend for my partner and I.

So far so good. We will arrive at the hotel this evening and I am now actually excited to stay with them. I'm hopeful that this may be a fortunate accident. When I post a follow up to this review I hope that it will be with a glowing review and good memories of our first anniversary and our accidental stay at the Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

We were thrilled to read that your initial dealings with our hotel were positive. We constantly strive to make our guests feel welcome, while providing them with the information required to make their trip a success. We look forward to reading your follow-up comments and we hope that we are able to exceed your expectations.

Toronto
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Booked this hotel through Internet and didn't realize it doesn't offer continental breakfast for Priority Members like most other Holiday Inns for $160+. Other than that the place is ok.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Subiee,

Thank you for your recent stay, and providing feedback. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. Your comments have been documented for future consideration. we hope to have the honor of serving you again in the future.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHG Care
Newfoundland
Reviewed May 2, 2012

My family (husband, toddler and I) stayed here for one night before a flight home from a quick vacation in Montreal. The shuttle ride to and from the airport was quick and convenient. The hotel is nice, though one elevator was out of order during our visit resulting in some waiting. The room decor was really nice and modern, and comfortable too!

The pool is great for kids (though I wish it were a little warmer, and the lifeguard a bit more attentive - nothing happened, but it could). There is little to nothing in the area (though the hotel is on some bus routes) so we chose to eat room service. The food was decent and price reasonable.

There was a LOT of noise from next door and the hallway into the evening. It may be because there was an adjoining room to ours (with doors between closed and locked), or that in that adjoining room there was a little girl practising for a singing competition, or that the air conditioner in the hallway was running on max. I'm not sure I could deal with that for more than one night.

We got a very good rate on Hotwire for this hotel, and it was worth that. I'm not sure I would pay more.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators and ice machine.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear TravelBumm,

Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with the noise in the next room.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments.

We thank you for having chosen our Hotel. We take this opportunity to send you our best wishes.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare
Nanton, Canada
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Checked in for one nite. Far from the airport in the middle of an industrial wasteland. Lobby is nice, there was a fresh pool of vomit on the floor, right at the check in. I was given a room overlooking a cement factory, and the decaying hotel roof top. Room had nice decor, nice tv. Bathroom was missing a hook on the back of the door, and had no where to hang anything at all. Toilet paper roll was empty - you know i might sound petty, but at close to 150$ a nite, I expect alot more.
Now then, I wanted to eat. I didn't have any change for tips so I went to front desk. No change, and was told to go to the bar. No change. Told to go to the restaurant. No change, and feeling annoyed and rather awkward. I ordered a 20$ club sandwich from room service and small wine glass of ginger ale, think you get 3 sips for 3 dollars....There you are stuck in the middle of no where with no options but tipping 5$'s or not tipping at all. I chose not to go back to either for food or drinks, and just took the shuttle back to the airport to eat the next day.
Also the printer was broken in the two seat 'business center' and I had to fuss around emailing front desk staff waiting in line etc. By the way the vomit was somewhat cleaned up, with some smeary chunks and a couple of hazard signs.
There was only one elevator, with the other one broken. Front desk told me the hotel was full so thats 2000 people, one elevator or a lie about capacity and one slow elevator.
Also, my room was beside some sort of ventilation shaft that whirred all night long.
The pool was ice cold, and i couldn' t find the sauna or change room.
This hotel failed for me. Not worth the money, maybe if your on corporate account, but not out of your own pocket.

Room Tip: Try the holiday inn.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear Cetapod,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. We are pleased you liked your room accommodations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with your stay with us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We booked this hotel for a one-night stay as we were flying out of Montreal the following day. The hotel was nice and bed was comfortable. We ate at the restaurant. Staff was very friendly and food was delicious. The hotel offers a shuttle to the airport and park and fly. The shuttle was fast both ways.

The only drawback: it's hard to get to. Make sure to select the proper "ch. Cote-De-liesse". On our GPS four came up and selected the wrong one. Otherwise great hotel to stay when flying out of mtl.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
CPMTL, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive comments. Happy to hear that our close proximity to the airport and 24 hour complimentary shuttle added to the convenience of your trip. Also great to hear that you were able to take advantage of our Park, Stay and Go package, which includes parking for up to two weeks. To top it off, we passed on your wonderful comments about our staff and restaurant. Before your next stay, feel free to give us a call and our staff would be more than pleased to assist you with precise driving directions should you requite them. Once again we thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 23, 2012

As I was about to write a review for this place, I noticed jdealman's recent question of what's happened to the Crowne brand. This is the kind of thing I have been noticing a lot when looking for a suitable hotel and I stumble upon the Crowne Plaza (and reviews) for wherever I may be headed. It seems the IC Hotels chain has kind of neglected this once-reputable brand and is focused more on the others. Looks like CP is the new black sheep of the IC chain.

I have to say that I cannot disagree more with some of these reviews I'm seeing which suggest that CP is going downhill. My most recent experience was at this location in Montreal. It's nothing special from the outside and the area is even less savoury (industrial, nothing around but the highway, really). Upon entering, the place looks half-decent and during the holiday season when I was there, many companies were holding their annual events here. There were some of the great typical amenities (gym, pool, sauna) that CP offer, but it's when you get to your room that you notice little the little things, though they're big enough to be noticeable. I'm not talking missing doors or anything, but cracks in walls, chipping paint, necessary caulking, etc. These are not expensive "repairs" in fact I would hardly even call them repairs as they don't take that long to fix (well, the cracked walls excluded) yet would make a huge esthetic difference, just as much as they leave a huge impression!

I was upgraded to a pretty huge suite during my stay and the space was more than ample, facilities and furnishings being very modern-looking (in that sleek but cheap dark-brown-everything condo-style) but I could not help but wonder when I would notice the little things, why they can't just fix this?? What is happening to the Crowne Plaza indeed? Apart from these minor maintenance issues, the service staff weren't all that great, and quite unfriendly for the most part.

I stayed at a Crowne in Rome a few years ago and it too had its fair share of indications that someone stopped caring (including hair on towels, a busted toilet that they said they can only fix the next day!), plus the service was atrocious. I would even say that the IC chain's second from the bottom brand (Staybridge) is way better (especially the staff)! Why it's not second from the top makes no sense. Good thing I got a crazy deal when I booked this time!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your thoughts. On the positive side we were pleased to hear that you found our amenities including the 24 hour fitness centre, heated indoor pool and sauna all to your liking, and that you appreciated the upgrade to one of our large King size suites. With regards to the location, we are an airport property; as such our guests find the convenience and proximity to the airport and to the downtown core outweigh any necessary aesthetic sacrifices. With regards to some of the small flaws in your guest room that caught your attention, please know that we employ a full maintenance team, who when made aware of any necessary repairs, or even cosmetic touch ups, carry them out with speed and efficiency. We do sincerely hope that your next stay with us is a pleasant one.