“Would always return”

Bitoque
Ranked #609 of 5,772 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Portuguese, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Sud-Ouest (Southwest District)
Description: We are by far the biggest Portuguese restaurant in Montreal with 5 dining rooms and a capacity to accomodate over 500 customers at once. We are a bring your own wine and specialise in ''GROUP EVENTS'' with private or semi-private dining rooms. Will be opening another Bitoque in July 2016.
Toronto, Canada
“Would always return”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

The food, lovely, the service quite nice. The atmosphere chillin, the prices are just right, and I would bring anyone here for a splendid experience

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Damon G

“A Must Visit !!!!!”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I will start by agreeing with my GF (Sylvie) !
As for my addition to her review ..............I now feel bad for never taking the time to go out in Montreal just us, although we have in Portugal many times but never take the time to do so when back home!
We are now blessed to have found "Bitoque" as its going to be our once a month planned outing!

Can't wait for our next visit......

Cheers to everyone at Bitoque!

• Visited March 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Must eat here! Portuguese food at its best!”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My boyfriend and I went out on our first one on one date last Thursday after being together for almost 3 years (Believe it or Not!) and we chose to try Bitoque. The experience was one of a kind! You feel the warm and art inspired atmosphere of the restaurant as soon as you step foot in it. We were greeted by the owner himself, Mr. Herman Alves, um senhor muito simpàtico! And the food...OMG! We opted for the tapas menu and let me tell you it was a mouth-watering feast for the palate! DELISH! The perfect marriage of spices in every dish! We had Piri-Piri shrimp, grilled octopus, grilled sardines, the tapa of the day and for dessert a pastel de nata (traditional Portuguese custard tart). Our waiter Mark was very helpful in suggesting these entrées! I have been to Portugal several times where the food is amazing but I will honestly say that Bitoque is as good or better than some of the best restaurants in Portugal! MUST EAT HERE! We will be back very soon! Obrigada!

• Visited March 2014
Montreal, Canada
“One of the best , superb food and excellent service”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

One of my favorite montreal bring your own wine restaurants.
This excellent restaurant with superb cuisine is a great place for a special meal, and enjoy a great bottle of wine.
I especially enjoyed the cod cakes, and the lamb (fall off the bone) , and have tried other dishes as well.
Great ambience, and atmosphere, attentive service,
all in all a great dining experience.

• Visited October 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Okay but not remarkable”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This was a group lunch, $57/person. The company was good - but we all found the portions to be lacking, however, we are considering in the core of the city so it's a bit on the expensive side when you balance food and price. We had the lamb shank, which was spectacular. I have not gone during regular hours so I don't know the value outside of the group specials. But don't go on purpose - don't avoid.

• Visited December 2013