“Great place for a large group!”
Review of Bitoque

Bitoque
Ranked #662 of 5,948 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Portuguese, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Sud-Ouest (Southwest District)
Description: We are by far the biggest Portuguese restaurant in Montreal with 5 dining rooms and a capacity to accomodate over 500 customers at once. We are a bring your own wine and specialise in ''GROUP EVENTS'' with private or semi-private dining rooms. Will be opening another Bitoque in July 2016.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We gathered here recently for a double-birthday celebration as a group of around 12 people who had reserved in advance. This is a not an inexpensive meal but it is BYOW so it works out well in the end on that level.

The food selection was nice, the tapas platter as an opener was quite delicious - we didn't get to try out the dessert since someone had brought a large cake for the group... I was sort of disappointed that I couldn't try out that key-lime pie!

The staff was quick and helped us out several times with little nit-picky situations we wanted changed, which is refreshing. The owner came out at the end or our meal and inquired about our experience which is also pleasant.

I would come back here in a heart beat - the lamb was my choice for the evening but I'm definitely hitting that key-lime pie next time!!

1  Thank Christine L

Reviewed March 21, 2013

i love BYOBs and this one is no exception....anyone who goes, and if you like seafood, i would certainly recommend you try the seafood medly "soup" that they have...DELISH! jaime alcaraz montreal

1  Thank ajimen
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

A real gem. Very nice atmosphere. Good service. The food is delicious and the lamb was the best one I had ever had in a restaurant. The prices are very reasonable -- $35 for a set 4-course menu. The only aspect the restaurant is lacking in is the dessert menu. Even though the beet/ maple creme brûlée was an interesting touch, the rest of the choices are not made in house. This amazing restaurant should invest in a pastry chef. My humble opinion. Otherwise, will continue going there often

1  Thank MD4853
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Cozy resto, even though it is in somewhat of a rundown part of town. Overlooking that once inside, the staff is friendly and knowledgeable and the atmosphere is warm, I had an excellent lamb shank in porto, with a simple but tasty green salad starter. We also ordered the chorizo sausage appetizer and the calamari, which were also very good. Others in our party enjoyed their meals as well. I found the service to be timed just right and at no time did we wait too long for our meal, or for other needs to be attended to. All in all a very pleasant experience, at a reasonable price too. Will certainly be back here again.

3  Thank jooley56
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Overall the service was very slow which made for a very long night. The food was ok at best. My girlfriend and I both enjoyed our main dish although the size dishes were terrible. I would not recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank TheBigGuyMtl
Barbzinator, Manager at Bitoque, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Hi,

I am very sorry to hear that you came out with a bad experience at our restaurant. I do apologize that momentarily staff shortage due to health issue had to affect the quality of the service, not being an excuse of any kind but just stating a fact. I will make sure to put all effort in place to ensure that situations like this do not affect the experience of our customers.

In order to continuously improve the quality of our food and service by listening to our customers, could you please explain "the size dishes were terrible". We always make sure to offer generous portions of food for the price offered so I would like to understand how it was perceived.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.