“Very good food!”

Ranked #78 of 6,715 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Neighborhood: Ville-Marie
Description: A steakhouse with a difference. Great Keg steaks, a casual atmosphere, and friendly, knowledgeable service are the proud trademarks of The Keg Steakhouse + Bar. Visit, and experience firsthand The Keg philosophy of welcoming you not as a customer, but as a guest. Every location offers a truly comfortable and satisfying dining atmosphere accompanied by a fun and casual bar setting. Each is a welcoming destination on its own, and together they create an energetic and inviting, uniquely gratifying restaurant experience. We look forward to welcoming you in our Keg Steakhouse + Bar restaurants. No matter the location, you can be assured to live a unique experience and have an enjoyable evening!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've heard about The Keg from colleagues during our stay in Montréal a couple weeks ago - but didn't make it there.
Last weekend, on a romantic couples getaway, we decided to try it out! And how glad I am we did!
Let me start by saying we didn't have a reservation - it was Saturday evening around 7pm. We expected a 30 to 45 minute wait and gave our name to the lady at the front desk. But by the time we went to the bar and got our drinks, the pager actually went off maybe 10 minutes into the wait. It wasn't a problem to have the drinks transferred to our table bill - which I thought was really nice.
Our waitress was amazing (unfortunately I forgot her name) - but her service was on point! She was always around to fill glasses, ask how everything was and did a little small talk - all without being pushy or annoying.
THE FOOD WAS TO DIE FOR!
We had the Crispy Cauliflower as an appetizer (glad we shared, because it was such a big portion!) and both ended up getting the special (Filet Mignon with cajun shrimps and scallops on asparagus) for dinner. We were really full after that, but decided that the Créme Brûllée and a 10 year Tawny Port would be good to share.
Like I said earlier - I'm glad we went and I'm sure we'll make this a tradition from now on every time we visit Montréal!
Enjoy!

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,267)

Reviewed June 12, 2019 via mobile

My husband booked a table here for my birthday, before our trip to Montreal. From the moment of entering, the service was excellent and friendly.
Jason was our waiter, and he was absolutely excellent, with nothing being too much trouble.
The food was absolutely superb. The starters could not be faulted. We both ordered steak meals for our main courses. Both were delightful.
If, and when I visit Montreal again, I would have no qualms having another meal here.

Reviewed June 9, 2019

I have ate at a Keg restaurant in Toronto before and the food was excellent and this was exactly the same. We arrived without booking and luckily someone had not shown up so we got taken to a table in the lounge, given the line waiting to come in as we leave i would recommend you book and if possible get a private booth as the tables in the lounge are very close to each other. the servers were so professional in dealing with such a full dining room. Would certainly eat in this establishment again.

Reviewed June 7, 2019 via mobile

I’ve come here quite a few times now for dinner and have not been disappointed. Fantastic sides to start (although very big!) followed by delicious steak. Atmosphere in the restaurant is really cool and if you’re lucky enough to get seated in a booth you can have your own privacy whilst people watching everyone else! I think price wise the Keg is pretty reasonable for the quality of food.

Reviewed May 28, 2019 via mobile

Food is pretty good at The Keg. Standards and the core of the menu have been the same for years.

We asked for our steak to be cooked medium well and the waiter came back with an objection from the chef. Strange, given it was how the chef at The Keg in Toronto had suggested we had it just two days before.

After a bit or back and forth, the waiter and chef agreed to cook it as requested. It ended up coming well done and dry.

Quality would have got four stars, but chef and service experience takes it to a three.

Date of visit: May 2019