“An Accidental Find”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Place Ville Marie
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Place Ville Marie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 5,765 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Description: A steakhouse with a difference. Great Keg steaks, a casual atmosphere, and friendly, knowledgeable service are the proud trademarks of The Keg Steakhouse + Bar. Visit, and experience firsthand The Keg philosophy of welcoming you not as a customer, but as a guest. Every location offers a truly comfortable and satisfying dining atmosphere accompanied by a fun and casual bar setting. Each is a welcoming destination on its own, and together they create an energetic and inviting, uniquely gratifying restaurant experience. We look forward to welcoming you in our Keg Steakhouse + Bar restaurants. No matter the location, you can be assured to live a unique experience and have an enjoyable evening!
“An Accidental Find”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Knowing that I was not a good candidate for more rich delicious French cuisine, I stumbled across this restaurant on my walk to Old Montreal. I had the perfect simple lunch of salad, prime rib sandwich w/o bread and unsweetened ice tea that the bar tender personally made for me as I sat at the outdoor bar. The bartender went above and beyond to meet all my requests and dietary issues and did I say the prim rib was delicious. This was my first visit. A second visit my husband and I went back for lunch again. Same great service and food. So now a third visit for dinner in the outdoor seating. To our surprise and delight the August special for the month was lobster. Again our service was attentive, personable and informative AND the our meals delicious!!!
A definite recommendation if looking for a wonderful wonderful steakhouse with service to match .

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Salamder07

• Turkish first
Hants England
“Really good”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Considering the Keg and Steakhouse is a chain of restaurants the quality and service have been consistent across al three that we visited whilst in Canada. We turned up without a reservation but were fully informed of what area was free and would that be ok . Service was efficient and helpful explaing what some of the steak cuts were and the different beers available. The food was really good. I believe they have got it right stick to mainly steaks but do them well and this is what they achieve. A good busy atmosphere in the place

• Visited June 2014
Varazdin, Croatia
“Steak just how you like it”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

After doubting if we should go in or not since this is a chain steakhouse, we decided to "risk it". It turned out great with a score 8 out of 10. We were welcomed promptly and seated to a table of our liking. For the starters we had lobster gratin which was very good. For the mains we had stakes (obviously), a sirloin and a file minion. We ordered them and got them done perfectly, the way we wanted them. For us, as Europeans, he only negative (hence the 8) was the service. It is way too fast. From the time we ordered the starter and got it on the table it took them 6 min. We were still eating the starter when the waiter brought the mains (another 8 min max). When we complained that the service was to fast they slowed down, so we advise that you tell them at the beginning to serve you more slowly.

• Visited July 2014
Dottikon, Switzerland
“Awesome food and great service”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

On our holiday trip to Montreal my boyfriend and I stumbled across this restaurant. I had the filet mignon and my boyfriend went with the alascan king crab. The both of us were stunned by the quality of our meal. The steak was perfectly medium rare cooked, as ordered - the crab was great as well. We couldn't resist to order some desert and once again were not disappointed. The stuff was very attentive and friendly - we definitely recommend giving this place a try if you're ever in Montreal.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Tamara H
Manchester, United Kingdom
“This was great - definitely recommend if you're looking for a good steak”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We loved it here.
Its in a lovely setting and the decor is gorgeous too.
We enjoyed the food greatly and the cocktails were also fantastic and reasonably priced.
The crispy calamari was fantastic, definitely a must try if you like calamari.
Three of us also had the peppered steak which was delicious and came with a lovely peppercorn cream sauce.
The desserts were also delicious, if you had room, but they were huge.

• Visited April 2014