“Nice B&B - great value, excellent location, clean and bedbug-free!”
Review of Le Chasseur B&B

and 1 more site!
Le Chasseur B&B
Ranked #46 of 145 Montreal B&B and Inns
new york
“Nice B&B - great value, excellent location, clean and bedbug-free!”
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I got a call from the owner (Rock) of this B&B recently, checking on me whether I had problems on my last stay at his B&B in June 2009. More specifically, whether I had bed bug problems because I happened to be given the same room right after the last guest (a "craighardie" who posted a very negative review here on TA in April 2010) left. I thought this was a very nice gesture of concern! I therefore would like to write this review in defense of Le Chasseur, more importantly, that the bed bug allegation was not true for me!

I have been staying at this B&B for several years now every time I visit Montreal, which I'd say close to 10 times since my first time! I love the location and affordability, the friendly kitchen staff and owner (Rock) and the general cleanliness of the place and the room. They make up your room every morning, give you clean towels, and there is always breakfast waiting for you, which you can enjoy at the main balcony in the summer. The place is a couple of blocks from St. Catherine where the night life is! And it was also a good base for Montreal sightseeing- some places I walked to and some were an inexpensive cab ride away. There is also a nearby subway station for the ones who would prefer public transportation. We are planning another long weekend getaway again this summer and, of course, would certainly go back to Le Chasseur!

I hope this helps with clarifying the bedbug issue. Understandably one negative review could potentially hurt business with Le Chasseur! But if we take a closer look at craighardie's review, isn't it a bit strange that he contributed this review in April 2010 when he completed his stay in June 2009? Just a thought.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Timbuktu, Mali
Reviewed June 24, 2010

I wasn't sure where to leave this review, since we booked a room in Le Simone but upon arrival found that we were in Le Chasseur. Still, it mattered little. We enjoyed our stay - the room was clean, the bed very comfortable and the breakfast excellent. There was a variety of cereals, yogurt, fruit, croissant etc., in addition to an egg dish every morning. We were there for the F1 weekend and enjoyed hanging out on the terrace with the other guests at breakfast and also in the evenings. It was like a little oasis in the heart of a very busy city and we enjoyed having free access to this terrace at all times. Roc provided an extra something for us all on race day which was totally unexpected and very much appreciated. (I won't spoil the surprise for others.) The only issue is with parking - and of course this is no fault of the B&B. The host, Roc, is very helpful and gave us excellent advice about finding a spot, taking time to make sure we had somewhere to park.

This charming B&B is excellent and your stay will only be enhanced by the personality of the host and his staff. I've already recommended it to friends and would certainly stay there again myself. Well done Roc - and thank you!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
austin texas
Reviewed April 29, 2010

there is a bed and breakfast next door run by the same people and they are connected. We booked because of the online photos of the other bandb but when we got there it was chausseur.a little bait and switch. I had to get up twice in the night to empty the air conditioner water caught in a bucket.The air conditioner shut off when the bucket was full and then it got really hot in the room..I was bitten all night by some bugs i later found out were bed bugs. the breakfast cook was fun and the company at breakfast was good.this place is also close to a metro stop...still i wouldnt go back if it was free.....

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank craighardie
new york
Reviewed August 28, 2008

Le Chasseur has your typical b&b qualities: homey, clean and accessible. breakfast was very basic (bread, jams, coffee, etc) but enough to start your day right. the room was clean and well maintained. the sheets and the towels need to be replaced though. we used a shared bathroom which was clean all the time. you have to be cautious at night though because the structure of the place tends to be disorienting (another b&b is connected by just a door). the location is safe and quiet and there's a subway station nearby. for the price, i could say it was very much worth it.

• Liked — price, location and cleanliness
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank shellf1sh
Washington, DC
Reviewed July 23, 2008

This is a very conveniently located B&B in Montreal. I walked everywhere--to the Plateau Mt. Royal, Old Montreal, Latin Quarter, etc. I stayed in a single room which was very small but it was clean and comfortable which is what I was looking for. I was told that I had a shared bathroom. The bathroom that I used was up one flight. It was very clean and there was no evidence of anyone else using it. I had the impression it was checked regularly for cleaning. The proprietor and staff were very friendly and helpful. The B&B is connected (physically and business wise) to the Le Simone B&B which has several reviews on this site. Breakfast was very good. I was there on a weekend and had an early train to catch but enjoyed the buffet (cereal, warm croissants, toast, yogurt, fruit, juice, coffee, etc.). Had I more time, I would love to have stayed for the delicious looking french toast. Breakfast was served on the patio/deck. Both the Le Simone and Le Chasseur guests are served breakfast on this deck. I was looking for a clean, comfortable, safe, and inexpensive place to stay for a night in Montreal and I found it at Le Chasseur. I paid $56.00 including tax for a single room in the summer which was about the best rate that I could find anywhere. I would definitely stay again on future trips to Montreal.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)