1,359 results
All reviews black walls convenience store loft room old montreal coffee maker valet parking rooms are small modern hotel quartier des spectacles complexe desjardins valet service rene levesque walking distance minute walk bus stop bed was very comfortable large windows
Selected filters
Reviewed August 9, 2016

I stayed here for the Osheaga music festival, and it was a great choice. It's positioned right in the middle of all of the best parts of Montreal, with a bustling pedestrian street a block down, Chinatown across the street, and several Metro stations in close proximity. I stayed in one of the panorama rooms, which was wonderful, with the exception of the positioning next to an elevator shaft and motor. Keep in mind that if you stay in one of the panorama rooms on the top floor, you will be directly next to the elevator shaft, and the motor for the elevator, as it is the top floor. Other than that one small grievance, everything else was perfect at the hotel. Also, the elevator isn't too loud, and people don't use it as much at night. The elevator wasn't terribly loud... but could definitely use some sound proofing or something. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Montreal.

1  Thank mfeeleytest
Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

The hotel was recommended to me by a colleague for a short business trip but I would have put more effort into finding something else if I had it to do over. While the room was clean and nicely decorated, it was devoid of basic amenities. For instance, in spite of having a coffee machine, I found that there was no coffee provided in the room. The internet didn't work in my room either. The TV was positioned so that it could only be watched in the uncomfortable but stylish chairs provided, not viewable from the bed. Outlets awkwardly positioned out of reach. No bathtubs anywhere in the hotel. The biggest problem that I have with the hotel is noise though. It seems that there is an after hours club located somewhere near the hotel because when I stayed there (a Thursday night), I was woken up by very loud music and yelling coming from outside around 2 am that went on and on. On the upside, the bed was comfortable, the location was good, the couche-tard was very convenient to have downstairs and they were able to check me in early.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank conniecas
Reviewed August 1, 2016

While the location is directly across the street from Chinatown and a 15 minute walk to the water the hotel itself is quite lacking. My non-smoking room smelled like a seasoned charcoal grill, the headboard on my bed was stained, there were light bulbs missing from the room, and the A/C unit was not working correctly. The staff while helpful at times did not seem up to the task either " I understand your room smells like smoke just close the door to your bedroom so the smell does not enter" and "I have a note here to call you once your car is ready, but we forgot to call" (after waiting 1 hr for valet).

1  Thank Falstaf12
Reviewed July 29, 2016

Excellent location. Chinatown is right across the street with restaurant and shops!
Metro is just a few block walk. Quiet rooms. Best internet in town. Clean sheets and comfortable bed. Room isn't huge but functional. With all the things to do there you will just be sleeping. Nice shower but not large at all but great water flow. Had to ask for towels twice?? That was the only flaw. Staff is very friendly and helpful. No free breakfast but Mcdonald's in on St. Catherine. The hotel in on St. Laurent which is the dividing line between East and West streets. The park behind does have some harmless individuals but I don't think they would do anything to you. Love the 8 nights stay. Would come back in stay there again if in Montreal. oh, loved the wood floors instead of carpeting. Computer and printer and gym are on the 5th floor too. Fridge in room for water and drinks.

Room tip: we faced north which was nice but you gets lots of sun!
1  Thank komlaandme
Reviewed July 29, 2016

Hotel Zero 1 is clean, modern, trendy, comfortable, reasonably priced and has free, reliable WiFi. Is there anything this hotel can't do?

The property itself is conveniently located one block from Chinatown, 3 blocks from two major metro lines (the green and the orange), and a five minute walk each from the center of the Quartier des Spectacles and Old City. In terms of hotel amenities, there is a tapas restaurant on site, a ground floor courtyard and an outdoor terrace for guests on the 5th floor (although sadly, it closes at 10 pm). There was also a small gym, although I never saw anyone in it - I assume everyone was walking off the poutine. There is a convenience store in the same building on the opposite side as the entrance - it sells beer, water, snacks, etc.

Our room was spacious enough for two and had the added bonus of a kitchenette (including a microwave, sink, refrigerator, real plates/silverware/glasses, bottle opener) and a small table and chairs. The closet was a decent size and had enough hangars and drawers for..well, we brought a lot of clothes for four days. They all got hung up.

The room and bathroom were meticulously clean and if I had to nitpick anything in the room, it was the lack of towel hooks in the bathroom. Odd, I know. But when you ask people to hang up their towels to be eco-friendly, there has to be something to hang them on. Otherwise, plenty of hot water and brilliant papaya toiletries to wash off the Montreal dust.

I would absolutely stay here again, and would recommend to couple, solo and business travelers. I'm not sure if the rooms are big enough to accommodate families, but maybe if you really, really like each other it might work.

Some non hotel tips:

Metro day cards are 24 hours from the time of purchase, not a calendar day. The weekend pass is good from Friday to 5 am Monday and is only just slightly more, so a bargain! Temporary cards get placed on the top of the turnstile, chip facing up, not fed into the slot.

The map at the tourist kiosk in the mall in the Quartier des Spectacles has excellent maps, but they don't show minor streets. We ended up walking A LOT because we thought it was closer than it really was.

Finally - try the poutine. Really.

1  Thank FiatLux42