“Take it from a local: I love this place”
Review of Grenadine

Grenadine
Ranked #167 of 5,852 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Quartier des Spectacles
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Bring your own wine...One of my favourite things I love about Montreal!
This place has outstanding food, and as a local I have been to many BYOW restaurants, this one by far surpasses others. I always got for the tasting menu, it's always different and they ask if you if there is something you would not eat...Amazing food, amazing price and service. A must stop if you are in town.

There are newer reviews for Grenadine

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We loved this place. Not everyone can find it. But if you find that you can find it you should go here. We did, and the dining was the highlight of our w/e get-away from NE. Unusual but incredibly satisfying preparations. Best salad we've ever eaten. ever. Don't forget to measure the kitchen!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Great menu, good prices for what you get and the service was very good. Cramming 5 people into the front window booth would put some people off - particularly those sporting an extra 50 lbs., but it simply added to the experience. The ability to bring your own wine definitely kept the cost down given the 300% mark-ups we experienced in Quebec City. I had the Bison which had good flavour but was a little tough - others may have taken exception but I don't mind having to chew my food. Others in the party had sweetbreads, duck and veal short ribs - all of which I sampled :-) and were very good. Finished off with the dessert sampler/surprise which nearly caused an incident with 5 people armed with spoons fighting over the yogurt mousse! If you are visiting Montreal, like to explore different food ideas and want to avoid the touristy spots then I recommend Grenadine.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

A bargain basement setting with 5 Star cuisine.
Combining imaginative fusion with superb execution this "hole-in-the-wall" in a city already brimming with great eating out options, Grenadine deserves to be listed with the best.
And great service to boot.

2  Thank Jacques_Val
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Grenadine is tiny...and a bit funky in the way it's squashed into its little footprint, but the food is outstanding! The new part, for us, is that they serve no alcohol, but welcome you to bring your own. Our dinner was fabulous, at a much lower price than the previous night. Mains were duck breast and veal shank (BBQ sauced), which followed a mushroom salad appetizer and mushroom soups. The soup, especially, was as good as any soup I've ever had! Everything was worth writing home (or to TA) for. We come from a place where you can bring your own wine, which we often do, or order from the restaurant, but this arrangement is a first. It works!

1  Thank BhamPedro