“The best coffee in Montreal”
Review of Cafe Veritas

Cafe Veritas
Ranked #395 of 5,927 Restaurants in Montreal
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Cross street: Notre-Dame
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Do you want to drink the coffee tastes better than Montreal? then, you have come to this warm and friendly coffee shop.
I have not tried all of the services available, but I have done a wonderful breakfast made ​​up of rolled crepes stuffed with ricotta and covered with a mountain of berries, but the thing that I consumed most is the espresso, I am Italian and not I can survive without drinking at least one day, the coffee here was so good that I came to drink at least three times a day.
The owner and employees are people available, kind and nice, as far as I'm concerned there is no other coffee shop in Montreal if not the Cafe Veritas

1  Thank alexander25677

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I ordered a sandwich.
After 20 minutes I was still at the table waiting to be served.
Nobody was paying attention that I was the only one waiting to be served.

I had to call a waiter and ask him about my sandwich.
My order got somehow lost!

That's a really bad service

Reviewed August 10, 2013

This was the first time we were in Montréal and might I say it was a great experience. Everything was great about Montréal but this café made the experience so much better. Being from Toronto such a diverse city, This place made this trip unbelievably amazing. The staff was extremely friendly and very polite. I would definitely come back for more than one espresso After having 2 for my first time. I am no longer an espresso vigin.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Best. Coffee. Ever.
I ordered a macchiatto. Do the same... Seriously... And you dont have to add any sugar. It doesnt need it at all. Enjoy!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We didn't see a lot of places for breakfast in Old Montreal, so this was a good find. The egg plates were substantial and included fruit and good thick toast. My coffee could have been hotter. That may have had something to do with a water problem the city had. The tap couldn't be used for a couple of days, so the restaurants were making do with bottled water. So they couldn't used some of their espresso machines.