“Very good restaurant”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
“Very good restaurant”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Been there a saturday night, we had the menu degustation and we added a Foie Gras.
Food is excellent, you bring you own wine, a bit expensive, for two people our bill was 170.00 including tips. On saturday night , the restaurant is full, very noisy, If you want a qyiet dinner for two, I recommend to go an saturday or during the week. Mor quiet and more relax.

• Visited November 2012

“Failed birthday party”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

In my life I have never seen this... we were a big group of 24 people for my surprise birthday party. 3 didn't show up so they made us pay 130$ for those missing people. They had our credit card so they just charged it without even calling back before. In the end everybody was happy except my girlfriend - the organizer and myself - the birthday boy. The restaurant wasn't even full... the owner is really an idiot. Apart from that the service was okay but not great. The food was great but you already knew that... What a frustrating turn of event. At least if they just made you pay the profit and not the cost. It's not like they threw those steaks in the garbage.

• Visited October 2012
“I'd go back for sure.”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Beside the fact that there's two services, one around 6 and second around 9pm which becomes a limitation in terms of dinner time, we really loved the chef's preparations. Each time, we were never disappointed but pleasantly surprised. Only one thing I must ask to the chef, please do not use any corn as there's GMO in it for sure unless you can find organic ones. Thank you.

• Visited September 2012
Ontario
“LOVED the food”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Great location, wonderful wine, great food, everything was perfect.

Visited May 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Great BYOB but a bit too much on the salty side....”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Overall great food at a reasonable price. The portions are big and the food is filling. As a starter I had their boudin noir (blood sausage). It was one of the best I had in years.
My second course was bay scallops served on crispy pork and jerusalem artichoke and a preserved lemon sauce. I also had their sautéed mushrooms which were way too salty, to the point that I had only one bite. My other option could have been the steamed vegetables which really looked good but halas that was not my pick.

As for the other courses the salt was not that overpowering, but I was so thirsty afterwards that I have to surrender to the fact: the chef doesn't use salt sparingly.
Only one of us had enough room for desert.
I don't know how people can eat their 5 course table d'hôte but it's a great deal. The only problem is the entire table has to go for that option. So bring someone with a similar appetite to yours if you feel like going for this much food.
Next time I'll stick to one to two starters because the portions are too big for me.
Will I go again? Maybe. But there are so many great places in Montreal to try and so little time.
But considering it's a bring your own wine... I'll consider I'll keep this place in my back burner for sure.

• Visited March 2012