“Honest food”

Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Cross street: Queen
Transit: Metro Square Victoria, sortie St-Jacques
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The food here is honest. I rate it among the middle of the pack in terms of Montreal restaurants. In one of Montreal's hip locations.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I ate at Le Local this past week.

Over all I thought the restaurant was very good, great location, very cool atmosphere with a very nice and polite staff.

I ordered an app (beat salad) and main (flank steak) I thought both were done very well.

The only downside was my drink order, I order a Caesar, which in my opinion wasn’t made very well at all.

Other than that, I thought everything else was done very well

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We had dinner here on a recent girls' weekend. Not only was the food superb, but the presentation was amazing. The service was a bit slow, but we were all about taking our time so that wasn't a problem.

It's a much larger restaurant than it appears from the street, and in a trendy part of town. I would highly recommend Le Local as an excellent dinner spot.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Wow. Where do I start?! I LOVED this restaurant, and my family was blown away too. We chose to go to Le Local because a local friend recommended it. The second we walked in, we could feel the cool relaxed atmosphere. It has somewhat of an industrial feel, while still having a chic and upscale feel as well. I also really loved that the kitchen was open to the restaurant, so you could watch the chefs preparing the food.

The service was excellent. Our server was on top of things without being on top of us. One small complaint that my father-in-law had was that our server cleared our plates between courses before everyone was finished, but that may have been because they're trained to keep the settings clear when guests are not eating? Either way, it didn't bother me too much...

Now to the food: FABULOUS. All three courses were so creative, delicious, and left me wanted more, even when I was full! To start I had the falafel style crab cake, baba ghanouj, tzatziki salad and grilled red bell peppers. It was soooo good. However, I enjoyed my father-in-law's salmon tartar with truffle oil and lime juice much more and wish I had ordered that! Our server was great too when my father-in-law had finished the small cracker that came with the salmon tartar because after asking for another cracker, he brought about 3-4. For my main course my husband, both my brothers-in-law, my sister-in-law, and I all had the grilled "AAA" flank steak, spiced BBQ butter, fries and salad. The steak was melt-in-your-mouth good, especially with the spiced BBQ butter. Man! Was it good. The fried were great with it and the salad had a tasty dressing as well. I was really impressed and had no trouble cleaning my plate even though the serving size was generous! Lastly, for dessert, I had the pumpkin cheesecake, stout ice cream, pretzel crumble and caramel corn. It was such a cool combination of flavours! I love anything pumpkin, so the creamy cheesecake was a hit, and the saltiness of the candied pretzel and caramel corn balanced the sweetness of the dessert perfectly.
All in all, we all loved Le Local and will definitely return the next time we're in Montreal. We'll also continue to pass along the recommendation to other friends and family that visit Montreal in the future. Two thumbs up!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Both the bar side and the restaurant are worth a visit, for dinner or for drinks and appetizers. Went a few times and never disappointed. Great wine selection, but slightly on the pricier side. Worth every penny however. Both areas can be loud but the atmosphere is great.