“Bread pudding ”

Ranked #2,188 of 6,718 Restaurants in Montreal
Neighborhood: Ville-Marie
Neighborhood: Ville-Marie
Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

We stopped in here on a food tour and had some very delicious bread pudding. It was called pouding chomeur. It was delicious!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed January 17, 2018

I am staying in Montreal for four days and have enjoyed trying different restaurants. I felt like having soup on a cold day in January so thanks to Trip advisor, I found this place. I arrived at 11:00 am and was told that lunch didn’t start for 30 minutes. The fellow I spoke with was pleasant enough. I decided to have coffee and wait for lunch to begin. Coffee was average but I was disappointed that there was no cream. I reviewed the menus while waiting. 11:30 arrived as did customers who were greeted kindly and shown to tables where their orders were taken. I kept looking for wait staff to come which didn’t happen. Clearly the staff knew I was there. I was totally ignored. Now there were only two differences between myself and the other customers that came in. I am a single woman and I am English speaking. These may not be the reasons why I was ignored but that is the way I felt. I left as it was just embarrassing to sit there. There always is a silver lining however Still hungry for soup, I happened upon a little place on Norte Dame called Tommy’s...comfortable, friendly, great sweet potato soup and nice music. Pass on Soupesoup and head to Tommy’s or Olive and Gourmand which is always great. For evening, we loved Le Speakeasy. Great shrimp tacos!

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank foxram7127
Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

We were looking for something local and sweet And we got a good recommendation to go to SoupSoup.
The pudding chomeur was a tasty fluffy and tender cake with hot maple syrup.

I strongly recommend it!

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank Travel-Expert-Ex
Reviewed July 11, 2017

We stopped in for a small dessert. The ambiance is excellent - they said they hast a lot of events. We had a rich pudding/cake in a little jar that was very yummy.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

Excellent place, good food, good variety and awesome coffee. Take away counter if too busy. I love this place!

Date of visit: March 2017