“Food is good but service is lacking”
Review of Restaurant L'Appartement - CLOSED

Restaurant L'Appartement
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Description: L'APPARTEMENT - Resto Lounge A restaurant and a lounge: two floors, two ambiances. Old-Montreal would be unrecognizable without L'Appartement, well known for its contemporary menu and its conviviality. In an urban decor, the chic and the laid-back intertwine to a trendy mix of soul and house music. As the evening progresses, the DJ shapes his sounds to the pulse of the clientele. Jonathan Brien, owner and passionate restaurateur with more than twenty years of experience, opens L'Appartement in 2006. A McGill street pioneer, he hopes that you will be his next "tenants" at L'Appartement for an unforgettable evening! Now open on week-ends for brunch!
Reviewed June 19, 2012

This restaurant has a great atmosphere, and some plates are delicious. The only thing that bothers me are the waitresses. On one occasion, we were a group of 6 people, and the our waitress complained to the overall table that I did not leave a big enough tip....Who does that?
One another occasion, we were a group of 12+ people, and the waitress overcharge me by 50% on my personal bill.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

There is nothing special about the food at L'Appartement. Though when it comes to the chic decor and good looking staff, they have everything ready...

Personally, I do not like spending extra money to see attractive waitresses, especially if the food is average. If you are one like me, this is not the place for you.

1  Thank bayimc
Reviewed December 29, 2011

The Restauant is up top, in the basement is the lounge/bar. A very busy place in the summer nights Thursday-Saturday. About average for prices considering the area of the vieux port.

1  Thank protocolski
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Went early on a Saturday night with my wife, The food was really well executed without any pretention. I had the beef tartar with homemade chips for an appetizer with a braised lamb (souris) for main. Both were really good. Portion size is more than enough for the price. My wife had the wapiti stack and the half chicken. the chicken was cook as perfect as it can be, moist and tender, witha nice crisp skin. They have a few gems on their wine list, mostly private imports at decent price. The service was ok until the dinning room filled up and then we had a hard time finding our server for the bill. But being well fed and happy that we tried this restaurant. It was'nt a big deal. We will definatly go back. They only thing missing would be a nice tasting menu.

1  Thank SebnVero
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Reading the other reviews, i have noted that most people don't like the loud music. I agree, it might be a bit loud but at the same time people have to know what kind of a restaurant they are trying to spend time in.

I am in my early 30s and my idea sometimes of going out is no longer clubbing ofcourse or just sitting in an ordinary restaurant to have dinner; i look for what is in between. Nice music, good atmosphere, good food, good wine list.

We were a group of six and were able to hear eachother and have conversations. Music was nice, it puts you in a good mood. I dont always want to sit in a restaurant with elevators music.

Everyone and i mean everyone enjoyed their meals, plates had the fancy touch but were not overpriced, flavors were good. We all had an appetizer and a main course and wine and paid 60$ each including tips.

I would definalty go back

1  Thank hazemalard