“The Best”

Ranked #49 of 138 Dessert in Montreal
Neighborhood: Jewish Quarter
Neighborhood: Jewish Quarter
Reviewed September 4, 2018

I was actually searching for the best ice cream in Montreal and Ripples came up a few times. I tried it out and was not disappointed. In fact; I think they have the best ice cream in Montreal; and it’s affordable. My favourite is the cardamom and the rich chocolate but they are all excellent. I love their little store. It has a friendly neighbourhood corner store feel to it and the service is outstanding. I hope they never move.

Reviewed August 17, 2018

Very good but expensive sometimes there is a line out the door so expect the flavor you want to be sold out but i would recommend the milkshakes

Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

Most franchised ice cream places charge so much - this place doesn’t and it has delicious interesting flavours AND Sorbet non-dairy options.

Right across the steer from famous Schwartz Deli. In the summer there are beautiful benches outside to eat on.

I had a Ginger Ice Cream that was creamy and so full of flavour.

Reviewed July 10, 2018

We were here several times over the course of a heat wave, and it was by far our favorite ice cream shop in the area. The flavors are incredible. I kept going back for chai, and others in our group adored baby monkey (banana, coconut, and chocolate flakes) and chocolate truffle (chocolate, raspberry, and chunks of soft chocolate truffles). The line was a little long but absolutely worth it. I also like the outdoor seating that is ample and is a great place to people watch and observe a number of colorful murals.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 9, 2018

This is a busy street and the place seems to stay busy on a summer evening in July, even a Sunday. The chocolate X6 goes really well with the mint chocolate chip. Also, the raspberry sorbet packs a lot of flavor. Is it the best ice cream I've ever had? No, but it's still darn good. The place is small, but there is a seating area just outside and there is lots of great people watching on St. Laurent Blvd!

Date of visit: July 2018