“More praise for this hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville
Ranked #27 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Boston
“More praise for this hotel”
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I can only add to the praise this hotel has received in other reviews. Spacious, clean room with well-appointed bathroom. Comfortable bed. Quiet room (granted, we were on the end, on the rear side of the hotel). While waiting for my friend to retrieve something from the car, I was politely asked by two bell hops if I needed assistance with our bags. It is a short walk to the Museum of Fine Art, the Contemporary Art Museum, Old Montreal, Parc du Mont-Royal, McGill, etc. And the price was very competitive. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Homespunner
Claley, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville, responded to this review, August 12, 2010
Dear Reviewer, We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. Exceeding our guests expectations is our goal. I hope that you enjoyed our city. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.Thanks yiou.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Nothing to complain about at all. it was very good and exceeded my expectations.

The room was nice, the housekeeping was excellent, the front desk staff and staff i met in hallways was the nicest .
Had a chance to use the pool it was nice, loved the location of it. Nice views while swiming.

I booked this hotel because of location and also that they offered some nice secure parking. Which was a big concern for me...I must say the location was perfect for me and the parking was the best.

I would stay again anytime I go to Montreal.

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank nbjuls
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 10, 2010

The hotel was simply great. The rooms were large and accommodated the four of us quite easily. Washroom was clean and chic. And the breakfast included in our package was sumptous. Parking was slight expensive at $22 per night but at least it was safe and conveniently located within the hotel. But the best part was the location at Sherbrooke street, just a few minutes drive from the Mount Royal Parc, a walk away from downtown Montreal and a drive away from Old Montreal.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Dinesh R
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Hotel location is great, can walk to a lot of restaurants and easy access to Taxi's to get around town as well as bus and the Metro.

The room we stayed in was very nice. Two twin beds, desk and a nice chair to relax in. My wife and I and our two daughters, 7 and 4.

We swam in the pool which was very nice but a little small. Whirlpool one day was just warm but the second time we went it was nice and hot. And the steam room was really good. Excellent work out facility.

Biggest problem I had with hotel is they have an outside dining area right next to the indoor restaurant and people smoke outside and the smoke from all of the people on the patio comes into the restaurant and the smoke is pretty intense. I tried to keep the door closed but people always left it open and smoke just kept pouring in.

Second issue we were four people and they kept leaving us four bath towels even after I requested we have four since we were four people.

Staff and front desk personnel were very helpful and friendly.

We would stay again, but next time we would not eat in their restaurant. We only at their one time and the smoke was unbearable from the smokers on the patio.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank MarioJann
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I stayed here on business and was pleasantly surprised. I was quickly checked in by the pleasant front desk staff, given a fabulous, clean room, the bed was really comfortable, and even the elevators were quick. The location is great, lots of restaurants and entertainment nearby, I can't think of anything bad to say about this hotel.

I did want to comment on the unusually remarkable room service! Usually the menus are hamburgers and club sandwiches, with tiny portions and quality on par with Denny's for outrageous prices. I ordered a Prosciutto, Brie and Pears on homemade flat bread and I was blown away. This was closer to five star dining, and it came with a mountain of fries(some of the best fries Ive ever had) that I wasn't even able to finish. Kudos to your room service. That alone is worth coming back here!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank WonderCat314
Plattsburgh, NY
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I have stayed in a fair number of hotels over the years and the staff at this one are the best I have ever encountered. My family found the front desk people just so friendly and helpful. The young lady who checked us in saw me in the parking garage several hours after we checked in and greeted me by name. She was then kind enough to give me directions to some of the local points of interest even though she was off duty. The rest of the staff were equally ready to be helpful.
The room itself was quite nice, my daughter loved how soft the pillows were and rates all other pillows against these. The top floor pool has a nice view of the area and is long, if a little narrow. The restaurant on the ground floor was excellent, too. We had it all to ourselves since we ate at seven PM, way early by Montreal standards I think. The food was delicious and the wait staff were very pleasant and seemed genuinely concerned that we enjoyed dinner, which of course we did.
We had a wonderful stay in this property and recommend it for anybody wanting to stay in downtown Montreal. The secure parking in the basement is a huge plus in a downtown setting.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Iwantitallnow
Claley, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville, responded to this review, August 10, 2010
Dear reviewer,
We wanted to thank you for your great comments on trip advisor. At Hilton Garden Inn Montreal, we are really all dedicated to our customer service and your feedback is important to us, our reward is to read positive feedbacks like yours. People eat late in our city, Montreal offers an europeen living style experience. We are all waiting for your next visit.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I cannot say anything negative about this hotel. In fact, after staying here I went to Quebec City and it was hard to enjoy my hotel there after how modern, clean and spacious the room at the Hilton Garden Inn had been.

It is a real treat to stay in a new hotel in Montreal. Most hotels I have ever stayed in while in Montreal have that "faux new" look where they've just painted over old fixtures for an updated look. This hotel is new, no doubt. The pool was great (and open until 11PM), with a good view of Montreal (although hard to see out at night, but whatever).

I would stay here again for work OR pleasure. No complaints at all. Walking distance to everything: shopping, le Plateau, Saint Laurent, McGill. And it's located near Parc Avenue, so there are grocery stores, etc. to pick up snacks - and the hotel rooms have micros and fridges.

Thanks Hilton!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Tinygoat
Claley, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville, responded to this review, August 10, 2010
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for choosing our property for your recent stay in Montreal.
We are glad to see how great was your stay with us in our new and modern hotel that opened up 2 years ago. A quick tip for your next visit, take a chance to go on our terrace a wednesday night during summer, you will find the best view ever to watch Montreal's world fireworks competition. We hope to serve your lodging needs in a near future.