“Good Location/Nice Facility”

Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville
Ranked #27 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed May 8, 2014

My G/F and I recently went here for a long weekend. Location was very good. Easy walking distance to major attractions. Good local food abound. The facility itself was very nice. Clean modern room. Nice gym facilities overlooking the city and an indoor pool.

Would highly recommend this location for a visit.

Room Tip: One side of the building (sorry not sure) has active demolition going on. We faced Sherbrooke Avenu...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Stayed here on the May 2-4th weekend for my Bachelor Party with 12 of my cousins. The hotel was amazing once we walked in. The entrance is grand and very upscale. The staff is friendly and very outgoing; they helped us with directions and what attractions to see and do during our stay.

The rooms are bigger than the ones in the GTA. The price was good and it was mere walking distance from the Clubbing district.

Will def. stay here again when we travel to Montreal again.

The only down side is that you can't play music after 10pm.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Nitin K
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Would have used the fitness center. Looked at it and it was nice but did not have time (could not get up that early). The staff was very good! We also loved the adjustable firmness bed! Great location!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank John B
Reviewed April 29, 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn Centre-Ville was delightful and perfect for our family of three. It's clean, well-maintained, the pool and sauna on the top floor is a bonus, and the staff was top-notch. The location is perfect for McGill, museums, and access to the Metro. We'll be coming back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Cal7878
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Just returned from spending a Saturday night with my Husband and 17 year old son. We live about 3 hours away and went to the Monster Spectacular Show at the Olympic Stadium. We headed up early in hopes of an early check in so we could make a day of it. We arrived at the hotel, and immediately drove into the parking garage. We had to pick up the phone to speak to the hotel staff and they opened the door and told us to park our car and just remember the parking spot number. Easy enough. The garage is tight, but completely doable. We went to the front desk and the lovely young lady told us that they didn't have any rooms ready at that time, but we completed all our check in information and she told us that she would give us a card and we could go up to the 11th floor to the pool, hot tub, lounge and gym area, until 3pm and then our room would be ready. So up we went. We changed in the changing room/bathroom. There is also a sauna in both the men and women's rooms. The lady taking care of that area gave us pool towels since they are normally kept in the guest rooms. Pool was nice, salt water. The hot tub was nice too, a bit shallow, but nothing to complain about. The pool area has chairs and loungers to use. The area is on the top floor with windows on 2 walls to look out. It was raining and foggy, so not much to see. We went and our room was ready at 3pm as promised. We had a 2 queen room with desk and chair, and a comfy chair and ottoman. Beds were comfy, linens were very nice. Temperature control worked well. We had a view of construction and we didn't mind because they didn't work on the weekend, so zero noise was great! Flat screen TV, Mini Fridge, microwave, Keurig with coffee and tea provided. Bathroom was clean and had a good shower with nice toiletries provided. Check out was at noon, so we had plenty of time in the morning to get ready. This is a good, well maintained hotel in a great location! Will def stay here again!!

Room Tip: We had room 925, away from elevators, and at the back of the hotel so we had no problem with street...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2014

It's not often that you can get a nice quality hotel, in the heart of downtown Montreal, that has a lovely swimming pool and exercise room on the 11 floor, with a view of the city.for a reasonable price. The rooms are nice, beds are comfortable, and the view is good. The restaurant downstairs is fine for breakfast but that's about it, and the bar is very small, however there are a 100 bars within a 5 minute walk, so it's not really an issue.
For a romantic getaway though, I would highly recommend Old Montreal. You just can't beat the ambiance and the feeling of history.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking Sherbrooke street
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve L
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I had a hard time finding a hotel for my recent weekend vacation to Montreal. It seemed that many of the hotels in the downtown/Old Town area were either way too expensive with great reviews, or they were reasonably priced but received poor reviews. I chose this Hilton Garden Inn because it had both favorable reviews and a decent price. Overall, it was a nice hotel, but there were a couple caveats that I'd give before truly recommending it to others.

The location is great if you want to be near the universities or the underground city for shopping, but it's just a tad far to walk to the Old Town area. I think I'd have preferred something just a bit more central, but it worked ok this time as the weather was nice enough to walk. If it was colder, the metro might have been a good choice (I think there was a stop near the hotel, but I honestly didn't look).

The hotel itself is nice and is very much on par with the Hilton Garden Inn brand. It was clean, nicely decorated, and had all of the amenities you'd need like a business center, restaurant/bar, gym, and pool. Incidentally, the restaurant was quite expensive for dinner and the food was mediocre, and unlike most Hilton Garden Inn locations in the US, the breakfast was not complimentary. Also, we were excited to make use of the indoor salt water pool and hot tub on the 11th floor (with views overlooking the city), but it was so full of screaming children, we opted not to. The hotel had free WiFi throughout, which was easy to use and worked well, which is one of the reasons we chose this hotel.

We had a large room with two double beds, which had updated decor, a large work desk, a large flat screen TV, a small fridge (that didn't work at first, but maintenance fixed it), and even a Keurig coffee machine, which was nice/interesting. The bathroom was adequate, with comfortable towels and Neutrogena bath amenities. My biggest problem with the room, and thus my strongest caveat, is about the beds. The beds are not your typical spring mattress beds, they're similar to the Sleep Number beds found in some US chain hotels in that you are essentially sleeping on inflatable air pockets. I suppose that's fine if 1.) the inflatable pockets are actually functional, and 2.) the hotel advises the guest that their bed has variable settings. Imagine my surprise when after sleeping for a couple hours on night 1, I was completely sunk in the 'mattress' like a hammock! You could actually see a huge indentation in the bed where I had sunk down into it! Upon speaking to the front desk the next morning, I learned there are knobs hidden under the sheets on the side of the mattress to adjust the firmness. A placard on the bed, or somewhere in the room, with this information would've been helpful. With the help of maintenance, I adjusted the knob tp a firmer setting and tried again on night 2. Unfortunately, I still slept on a hammock, despite the firm setting. On day 3, maintenance worked on the bed again and supposedly replaced some of the 'air pockets' in the mattress -- but alas, the next/final morning of my stay, I still woke up on a hammock, although slightly less saggy. So, overall, my bed was AWFUL, but my friend's bed was just fine (although she said it was too hard - but she was afraid to adjust it for fear it would get saggy). I guess I just don't understand why a hotel would use these inflatable/adjustable types of beds. I get that they want to try and be innovative and provide variation to their guests, but it just seems these beds would require too much maintenance compared to a regular spring mattress. So -- fair warning that if you don't prefer inflatable/adjustable firmness mattress, you may want to consider another hotel.

Otherwise, the staff at the hotel was very helpful and courteous - so no complaints there. Ian at the concierge desk was great, and gave us some wonderful recommendations for food/drinks and entertainment.

Overall, this was a nice hotel, I'm just not sure I'd stay there again due to it being a little far from the Old Town/tourist areas, and because I didn't like the beds.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends