“Friendly service, great location”

Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville
Ranked #25 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Montpelier, Vermont
“Friendly service, great location”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We arrived to the hotel a bit before 11 or so and even though check in time is much later than that they let us check in without an issue. I forgot my credit card at front desk upon check in and I didn't realize till later that day. When I went to get it from the front desk they had placed it in the safe (great!) and were prompt to return it to me upon showing my ID. Our room was much bigger than our room at the Hyatt in Montreal and that was partly why we chose this hotel. The other reasons were location and price. We paid 140 for the room with internet included.

Just as a comparison, I felt that the Hyatt's common areas were larger and the room was a little bit better decorated than at this Hilton. The room hall at the Hyatt smelled like cigarrettes though (ugh!). The room and bathroom at the Omni were a tad bigger than the Hilton, but the room decor was dated and while clean, I felt that it needed updating.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dianex99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2013

It is located right minutes away from metro and main underground shopping center. I used to live in Montreal and find it is still a very convenient location. It has a very well equipped indoor roof top swimming pool. Room is rather nice and clean.

New York City
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with a few family members, we drove to Montreal so finding it with GPS was not a problem. The hotel has a basement parking lot ($23 to park) but it fills up quickly, so if you're driving to Montreal or rent a car, keep in mind that if the hotels parking lot is full, you're going to have to pay to park a few blocks or park for free a few blocks from the hotel.

The check in was quick, we then made our way to our room, we were given a room to the front of the hotel on the second floor I believe. The room was clean, everything worked, 2 beds, flat screen tv and free wifi. We were in Montreal just to visit the city so we planned on eating outside a lot, but at night we decided we wanted to stay and order some food from the hotel restaurant, I have to say that the prices are a bit pricey, I believe I saw a burger for like $14, so we opted to walk a few blocks instead.

The location of the hotel is very convenient, there are a lot of restaurants, bars, stores, etc within walking distance. The hotel staff was very friendly, everyone we encountered spoke English and we never had an issue with the language barrier, everyone at the hotel always gave us service with a smile. I would definitely come back to the Hilton Garden Inn, the hotel leans more towards the business crowd but you'll also find families staying.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank G5ive
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is very good location if you want to combine business and shopping. It has easy access to Metro and underground city and is from walking distance to Mont Royal park.

The pool and fitness area are particularly nice. Enjoyed the view while swimming and exercising.

While in the area: try the small Crepes -restaurant round the corner or buy all natural beauty supplies at the corner opposite to the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as high up as possible, as the noise from trash collection is terrible at the lower l...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank NanaMaria
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I booked at this hotel for a business trip. I was very pleased with the quality of the hotel. The off-season price was reasonable for this level. Of course the noise of the snowplows on the street below interrupted my sleep, or it may be because I could not figure out how to adjust the mattress. The first was out of my control, for the second, next time I will ask for instructions (I didn't find any in the room). I will be booking here again on future business trips.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed February 11, 2013

we do tarvel to Montreal regularly since our son studies at Mcgill. I was very pleasantly surprised with the terrific rooms, upgraded bathrooms, service, good parking, and very pleasant staff. perfect for mcgill parents and very easy access to all of the downtown montreal features --- e.g museums, restaurants, shopping etc

will definitely use it again and recommend

1 Thank 427john1950
Claley, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear reviewer,
We thank you for choosing our property for your lodging needs while in our city. Our location is in fact ideal for McGill families visiting their students. We are only a few blocks away from the main campus, and centrally located to access all of downtown Montreal's many exciting attractions and features. We hope to have you stay with us again soon!
Boston, MA
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Located along Sherbrook, towards the Francofone part of the city, the Hilton is a reasonable price for a well-maintained facility. Underground parking was not cheap, and we did not try the breakfast restaurant, choosing instead to visit local eateries. There's always a cab outside, making local travel convenient as well. The hot tub was welcome on a cold Montreal night. Free internet is a must for me, and the signal was pretty good.