“Convenient & Comfortable”

Ranked #27 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Boston, MA
“Convenient & Comfortable”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Located along Sherbrook, towards the Francofone part of the city, the Hilton is a reasonable price for a well-maintained facility. Underground parking was not cheap, and we did not try the breakfast restaurant, choosing instead to visit local eateries. There's always a cab outside, making local travel convenient as well. The hot tub was welcome on a cold Montreal night. Free internet is a must for me, and the signal was pretty good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

This place is 30 minutes from the airport and its really close to great restaurants and bars. The gym and pool area are really awesome as they are on the 11th floor overlooking the city.
If you don't want to leave, the food at the restaurant is really good and it had great service.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Dougwestfl
Claley, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
We thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write your review. We are extremely pleased to read that you were able to appreciate our facilities such as our gym and pool and that you also had the opportunity to enjoy our restaurant. We hope to have the privilege to serve your future lodging needs!
Truro, Canada
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Great location in downtown Montreal. Hotel is clean, staff were very friendly, no problem getting late checkout, free internet worked well, nice shower. Best feature is the rooftop pool and fitness room - lots of equipment, great views, very clean, pool was perfect temperature - Only wish it was open later than 11pm.

Room Tip: best views face front of hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Essex
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We have stayed here in the Hotel for 3 weeks now and have found the staff to be helpful and efficient. The Doormen to the hotel where also excellent particularly Rene who always has a smile ready and offers assistance without prompting, as did Samuel the young lad with whom I had a lovely chat one day and not forgetting the lovely smiling Nicholas. There is a lovely Romanian lady called Valeria who was very friendly with a big smile and a good worker. The people on the front desk are all great, I prefer dealing with Joshua. Overall, I get the impression that this hotel operates a lot like a big happy family into which you are welcomed, over time, can begin to feel you are an important part. All this makes for a very pleasant stay and makes us hope we get to come back. I do wish they had slimmer pillows though as the pillows in all hotels these days are far too thick and give my husband and I neck ache. There is a laundry room with a washer and a dryer which is only $2 per cycle, brilliant! (takes half an hour per cycle).

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the building have the best views, higher up is better, although floor 10 has a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarilynFoxEssex
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The location couldnt have been better for downtown montreal...near shopping on st catherine street, metro, museums, cafes and restaurants..service and front desk very nice and rooms clean...The pool and jacuzzi have a great view from above.Worth the money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Claley, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Guest,
We thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Montreal centre-ville for your lodging needs while in our city. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our centrally located area and that you were able to enjoy our restaurant and pool. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I just wrote a review of a resort in Cuba where I explained how puzzled I was by the good reviews, I thought the place was terrible. Now I'm going to say the reverse of the Hilton Garden Inn in on Sherbrooke in Montreal. I had booked an AirBnb but the host was massively unhelpful and did not communicate so I need a good place to stay on short notice. I booked the Hilton Garden Inn despite some very unfavourable reviews here on Trip Advisor. Now that I'm staying here I'm utterly baffled. Different standards, I guess.

I found the hotel lobby beautiful, the staff member who checked me in was extremely friendly and helpful, my room is stunning, and the pool was incredible. Very elegantly designed salt water pool, steam room, hot tub, and the pool area is enclosed in glass with a view of the city.

The location is great, I normally choose AirBnb for the price and the ability to stay in better locations for my eg Mile End or the Plateau, but as far as hotels go, this is a great location.

If in future I need a great hotel room in Montreal, I'll most likely be looking to book a room here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank sir-hilary
Dear reviewer,
We thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit and for choosing to stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from our valued guests. We hope to have the opportunity to serve your lodging needs again soon!
Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Overall this is a great hotel. Friendly and helpful staff, clean and well furnished rooms. I found the location of the hotel pretty good. It is within walking distance of St. Catherines and many good restaurants and shops.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo