“Outstanding food !”

Ranked #661 of 6,690 Restaurants in Montreal
Neighborhood: Jewish Quarter
Neighborhood: Jewish Quarter
Reviewed March 7, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I visited this little restaurant in the Plateau-Mont-Royal following our instinct.

The food is simply great. The service is good. We loved the Takoyaki and the Okonomiyaki was also tasty.

The place can only accommodate 20 people at most but it’s worth it in case you have to wait for a free table.

Coming back soon!

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed July 2, 2018

You might have to wait outside to get a table. but the food there is absolutely delicious. The ingredients are so fresh and well prepared. It was a delight.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed April 26, 2018

I was surprised how tiny the place was. Maybe 10 seats top. No tables only counters. But still very cozy.
The food though... wow it was amazing! I never tasted anything like it. We took everything. So the takoyaki, Okonomiyaki, and the plate of the week. Everything was so tasty and authentic.
The waiter was very friendly. And super cute.
We look forward to trying it again.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed March 9, 2018

I hesitate to write this review because I want to keep this place all to myself! A small counter in the Little Portugal area of the Plateu, Noren is like being transported all the way to Japan. Authentic, tiny, warm and delicious... if you can grab up one of the very few bar-side seats you are in for a treat. Amazing Takoyaki, all the small side dishes were amazing as well. Every week the main dish changes up, so you can keep coming back to try new things. I really enjoyed my meal and I will definitely be back (more than once).

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed November 3, 2017

Very small but neat. They cook meals right in front of you, which reminds me of Japan. Since they are small, you get to talk to the cooks and waitress often, and that is fun. They have 2 main dishes that are always available, and they are both great. I tried the weekly chicken dish, which is still good but a notch below. The portion is not big, but the price is only about 10-12 per dish, so I would say it is definitely reasonable. All in all I would go again.

Date of visit: November 2017