“Nice korean restaurant !!!”
Review of Chez Bong

Chez Bong
Ranked #349 of 5,723 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Korean
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Mtl
“Nice korean restaurant !!!”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Friends made me discovered a good corean restaurant. Since it was my first time eating corean food, I had some apprehension, but everybody kept telling me it was good ... So I gave it a try ! And I wasn't disappointed !!! I've tried brunch special: chicken, beef & porc ... All good!

My friends always pick the corean tipical food : the Bi Bim Bap (rice vegetables & eggs), they're always back for some more ....

The service is good. It's not a big restaurant so you have to come early or make reservation.

• Visited November 2012

Elgin, Texas
“Expensive and Cheap Portions”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Chez Bong is located in Chinatown. The Bulgogi serving was small with skimpy side dishes and expensive compared to another Korean restaurant in Montreal I visited.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank BrockDaBadger
London, United Kingdom
“Overcooked Bulgogi, small portions..”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This was a disappointment. The Bulgogi and Dak Galbi - grilled beef and grilled beef ribs - were overcooked and lacking in tenderness. The same was the case with the grilled chicken which turned up pretty dry and not adequately marinated. However, the side dishes, particularly the savory potato and pickled white horse radish, were good. Service was decent.

Located right in Chinatown, the restaurant is well located but easily missable as it is in a basement.

Not terrible, but I have certainly had much better in terms of quality, portion size and value.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank travelduck822
Hong Kong
“Average Korean food”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

It was really an average Korean restaurant.
Although the taste was ok, I think the food portions weren't really big nor satisfying. The complimentary side dishes were minimal too.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank fongie84
Rugby
“Small portions, impersonal service, no thanks”
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We spotted this Korean basement restaurant with a newspaper article pasted in the window and decided to give it a try. The waiter was pleasant but he seemed distracted and didn't really have a focus on us to be honest, we felt this wasn't good service at all. He also charged a full 15% service charge on the post-tax sub total without asking.

Mealwise, we called 4 dishes, spicy tofu soup wasn't really that spicy and felt bland in comparison to some instant noodle soup I've had. Only the BBQ beef was quite nice but all the portions were really small. All the Korean sides of kimchi, potato, white radish were placed in the middle for us to share - it was a bit cheap of them to do that saving a few more sides for our party! I left feeling hungry. Will not be going back thanks.

• Visited May 2011