“Amazing Lobster Spaghetti”

Liverpool House
Ranked #93 of 6,034 Restaurants in Montreal
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Le Sud-Ouest (Southwest District)
Cross street: Charlevoix
Description: Seaside cottage charm and bustling oyster counter. Sexy Old World wines, and crazy fresh market food. A great club house feel. Perfect for gin-tonic fueled evenings with relatives, friends, lovers and/or Peter Hoffer (aka "The HOFF"). Tout les charmes de chalets de bord de mer et un comptoir à huitre animé. Vins du Vieux-Monde et cuisine fraiche de marché. Parfait pour vos soirées alimentées de gin tonic en famille, entre amis et amants, et/ou Peter Hoffer ("The HOFF").
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were in Montreal and Quebec City for 8 days and this was THE BEST meal I had the entire time. The Lobster Spaghetti is amazing. It is their signature dish. Try it!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had booked a table a month in advance because of the nice reviews and we were very excited about going. We were placed in a nice booth and led to the menu, that was written on a big board situated over some of the tables. I am glad I wasn't seated just beneath the menu as all the guests had to go there and stare and discuss the menu. You had to decide for the menu there as that was the only place you could see it. Not the best set up for my company who enjoy sitting down and making our decision.

Our waiter got quite tired of us not being able to decide, which he had great difficulty hiding, and it ended by him saying that we could not order dessert as we only had the table for 2 hours, and now had "wasted" precious time by trying to decide what to eat, something that we weren't informed of when we booked the table.

When de finally decided for the food we weren't dissapointed. The salad with goat's cheese and raspberries were a delight, and so was the tomato and mozarella salad.
We decided (three people) to share the côte de beuf which was an amazing piece of meat and from now on I only eat my mashed potatoes with lobster!

After the main the arrogant waiter asked if we wanted dessert but we were quite tired of him and were let off by his attitude and prior comment about us only having the table for 2 hours so we declined and found another place for dessert.

The place is nice but a little dark. The food is great but this evening we didn't get along with our waiter which spoiled the overall experience.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I know some complain about the menu being contained on a chalkboard but we just took a picture of it on the smart phone... no big deal.

I took a chance at the last minute to see if we could get a seat and luckily they had a last minute cancellation so we snapped it up. We had the first seating at 6:30 and arrived on time and we seated promptly. We started with a two Caesars which were quite tasty. After studying the menu and asking several questions to which we received polite and helpful advice, we ordered each order an appy...ordered 3 oysters, enjoyed them so much and order a couple more. I ordered the souffle and was not disappointed. A light and fluffy concoction arrived. My only comment is that it could have been a tad bit more seasoned but otherwise lovely.

We relied on some advice from the very friendly and knowledgeable wait staff. She was just the kind of wait staff that makes for a memorable dining experience. Attentive when you want and allows for the experience to unfold in a non hurried manner.I settled on the scallops with a squash hash of some sort and hubby had the dore. I eat a lot of seafood and can honestly say that the scallops were the best i have ever had. they were plump, succulent, sweet and light. I savoured each and every bite. Hubby also enjoyed his dore but when he had a bite of my scallops he agreed they were the best (secretly wished he'd ordered them as well).

We ordered a nice bottle of mid priced wine (wine is pricey) and it was a perfect accompaniment to the fish.

We ended up talking to the couple next to us (you are tucked in close) who were locals and foodies as well. They had made their reservation about 3 months ago so I was thankful to get the last minute seating.

I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone. Next time hope to try Joe beef

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Overall, our dining experience was good. Our main gripe is with the chalk board menu. The chalk board is not visible to most of the tables in the restaurant, so you have to awkwardly stand in front of it and disturb other patrons seated under or near the board itself. Then, the menu is all in french, so for non-french speaking patrons, you'd have to also drag your server to the chalk board to have them explain everything to you. This system just doesn't work, in my opinion, and kind of ruins the dining experience right off the bat.

Luckily, the food was good. We had the foie terrine as a starter, which was excellent. My main dish was the rabbit and it was also good, but I much preferred the foie terrine. The servings were pretty sizable, so I didn't have enough room for dessert.

The big serving sizes make the exorbitant prices seem a little more reasonable. But I still think it's on the pricey side. With such an expensive menu, you'd think this was more a fine dining establishment, but the atmosphere is quite casual - almost more like a gastro pub.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Quite possibly the best dinning experience I've had in Montreal, or anywhere for that matter. The staff was supremely polite, knowledgeable and friendly. Every course was done to perfection and the restaurant itself was beautiful and comfortable