“French hip-hop”

Liverpool House
Ranked #89 of 5,769 Restaurants in Montreal
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Le Sud-Ouest (Southwest District)
Cross street: Charlevoix
Description: Seaside cottage charm and bustling oyster counter. Sexy Old World wines, and crazy fresh market food. A great club house feel. Perfect for gin-tonic fueled evenings with relatives, friends, lovers and/or Peter Hoffer (aka "The HOFF"). Tout les charmes de chalets de bord de mer et un comptoir à huitre animé. Vins du Vieux-Monde et cuisine fraiche de marché. Parfait pour vos soirées alimentées de gin tonic en famille, entre amis et amants, et/ou Peter Hoffer ("The HOFF").
Chicago
“French hip-hop”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This was my second trip to the Liverpool House, both times really exceptional. There was more pressure this time as I was taking a friend for his birthday. He left saying that it may be his favorite restaurant anywhere! The oysters are the freshest that I have ever had. The ones from British Columbia were especially good. Every course was spot on, but in addition to the oysters, the venison carpaccio stood out. Even though the place has great food, the casual energy and loud music were very enjoyable for us and made it far less pretentious. I asked the waitress the difference between it and its sister restaurant "Joe Beef." She said that they both have their advantages. Joe Beef tries to be more creative with their menu, while at Liverpool House the menu is more consistent with recipes that have been proven to be good. I hope that Liverpool House's menu is that consistent, because I intend to order the same meal again on my next trip to Montreal. If I had one criticism, it would be that the menus are on a blackboard making it difficult, especially if you don't speak French. But the waitress was very patient and explained everything in great detail. A terrific evening.

Visited November 2012

• Polish first
Ottawa, Canada
“Great dining in a casual setting where you make new friends”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our evening here with great wine, food and table companions . This isn't a pretentious restaurant at all. The chalk board menus means that everyone works together to decide what to eat, which is a great way to meet your dining companions who are sitting very very close to you.but the food and wine were great, the prices reasonable for the size and quality, and the casual environment and friendship was outstanding. The best restaurant we have been to in many years.

Montreal, Canada
“Pricey but delicious”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Lovely crowded restaurant with a long waiting line for reservations. It does get a bit crowded and noisey, even on a Tuesday night. That said, the food was delicious, and the "lamb for 2" special was devine. Past reviews point out to the extraordinary "bloody ceasar" and so I ordered it, but found that it was way too spicy to my liking and hence did not enjoy it. That said the fresh oyster served on top was yummy.

All the food was excellent but what was even better was the service. Attentive, well-informed and gracious ... I look forward to a repeat visit in the very near future.

• Visited October 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Fun, eclectic foodie experience”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Fun casual atmosphere, eclectic environment, enthusiastic and knowledgeable staff, imaginative chef with emphasis on local produce. Extensive wine list that is always updated. This is a great place for a couple or a boisterous meal among friends. Prices are not cheap but this is one of Montreal's best restaurant experiences.

• Visited October 2012
Boston
“You won't be disappointed.”
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

We met friends in Montreal for dinner and after narrowing it down we decided on Liverpool House. It was recommended by my friends co-worker and they were right.
Large, family style seating. Small space and extremely loud. But don't let that deter you it just adds to the experience.
Our waiter was gracious and explained the menu items that our elementary French could not desipher.
We all tried different appetizers, entrees and the one slip up was getting the same desserts.
I don't really recommend the corn flavored ice cream.
My friend tried the Lobster Mac n cheese which is what they are kind of known for. Pretty good stuff.
All in all. Great food, quality is top notch. I'm not going to tell you what to eat but aside from the ice cream everything I tasted was really good. I will certainly go back next time I am in town.