“New, clean, modern”

Aloft Montreal Airport
Ranked #53 of 166 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed August 24, 2008

I stayed at this hotel during a two day trip to Montreal for work. Hotel was clean, new and modern. Very unique looking. Nice glass shower, flat screen TV, good lighting, nice fixtures, good view of the airport but no noise from the planes. While it does have a bar downstairs and a small cafe where you can pick up some snacks to go, it really lacks a good restaurant. The lack of room service is probably the reason that I won't stay here again. After a long day at the office, sometimes you just want to order in dinner with a glass of wine and call it a day.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed August 21, 2008

Well.........what can I say...aloft hotels strikes again! My boyfriend and I had a wedding in Montreal this past weekend and stayed at the aloft Montreal Airport for one night.

We recently stayed at the aloft Rancho Cucamonga, this was our first aloft hotel stay. We were just blown away. You just think, "this is so cool, this is so cool." and that was the same reaction we got when we checked into the aloft Montreal Airport. Everyone was so nice, and the rooms were super clean. And if there's anyone who knows me, they would know that cleanliness is my main priority when checking into a hotel.

I can't say enough good things about this place. My boyfriend thinks it's fabolous, very colorful, bright and full of energy. There is definitely a very youthful vibe from the moment you check in to the moment you check out. It's comfortable, it's new and most importantly it's familiar, familiar not in the way it looks, but in the way it feels.

aloft Hotels fits our personalities. It's different...and I think that's what creates the overall experience.

1  Thank AlwaysTraveling1212
Reviewed August 13, 2008

It was nice for 1 night stop over on our way home. I chose this hotel because it is a dog friendly hotel with no extra charge. Upon check in, we received a small gift for my dog and big comfy Dog pillow was delivered to our room. However, I was surprised to told there was a $10 parking fee since there was no indication on the website.

The only con is that you can see through inside the room from outside parking lot since the window is not tinted. We stayed on the 1st floor, so we could not leave the blinds open to have natural light. So, ask for a room on the higher floor.

For the price I paid directly with hotel website,($79CAD), I am very satisfied with the facility. All the public space as well as rooms are kept clean as it is still a brand new.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank pompoco
Reviewed August 11, 2008

Great hotel for the business traveller. We were the first people to stay in the room which was great - it meant being able to walk on the carpet barefoot without being grossed out. The staff are very freindly. The room we got (on the top floor) was really nice, the bed was good, the bed linens were good (though a bit stiff, probably because they were brand new), the bathroom was really nice. Even though this is an airport hotel you cannot hear a thing and the blinds provide for total blackout. It was also very fun to be able to hook up our digital camera on the docking station and look at our photos on the big plasma TV. Bonus: hotel also has laundry rooms.

3  Thank lamome108
Reviewed August 5, 2008

I have been to Montreal a number of times and had chosen to stay in hotels in the downtown core for all my prior visits. Due to the spur of the moment decision to visit Montreal, I cannot find a 3-star hotel near my budget (Cdn$100) in downtown area. Thus, I spent a night at this new and comfortable hotel in early August which I will book again the next time I visit.

Pros:
-good value for money
-new with modern design
-free internet usage (wireless), 2 terminals available in the lobby
-quiet despite being next to the airport
-large flat TV in the room
-bright shower with good water pressure and consistent water temperature
-good service upon check-in

Cons:
-no cups in the room, just foam cups
-AC was on the loud side
-parking at $10 (was not aware of this at time of booking)
-I was not offered an official receipt at time of checkout (I prepaid online)
-can easily hear our neighbors partying
-would be nice to have an extra chair in the room (there was only 1 at the desk)

For those who want to sleep pass 8.30am, remember to stay out your DND sign out. I didn’t as I would be checking out at 9.30 and therefore had the maid knocking on the door starting at 8.30am and every 20 mins thereafter.

Even though my list of cons is as long as my list of pros, I will be back again because it really is a nice hotel with very good price.

2  Thank Cwsho
Reviewed July 21, 2008

The front desk staff were extremely helpful and friendly, spending at least 10-15 minutes helping us find the best route to downtown Montreal and also offering tips for the cheapest parking garages downtown. The hotel was very stylish and modern, and very new (the smell of the new materials was a little strong though). The rooms were so quiet; if I hadn't looked out the window and seen the planes I doubt I would have known we were right near the airport. One little impracticality...the shower stall, while very cool with its tile floor, just didn't have enough slope to drain properly and the floor of the stall sort of became a pool with each shower.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank Earplugs
Reviewed July 8, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the aloft for 3 nights. We were very impressed with the aloft. It is brand new and has a contemporary feel. Since it's new, it's very clean and that means a lot to us. We booked at SPG.com and got a Starpicks rate @ $89 per night since we booked just days before arriving. Four star hotels in the city were going for $170+, so being outside the city for $89 was well worth the savings. We would drive into the city in the morning and stay until night. If you require to be "in-and-out" of your room throughout the day, I wouldn't recommend staying outside the city.

The lobby is very welcoming and does not have the overwhelming "club" feel of a W hotel, but it is chic and modern. The room is a loft style, duh, and the layout is very optimal with high ceilings. Other details include a comfortable bed, 42 inch flat screen, free wireless internet, iron, and Bliss bathroom products.

Being close to the airport did not significantly increase airplane noise. However, hallway noise can heard easily, so hopefully you don't have loud neighbors. The toilet/shower has a door separating it from the mirror/sink. But the sink is open to room, actually behind the bed. So it can be noisy for someone that is sleeping when another is using the bathroom.

The hotel does not have many frills like butler service, mini bar, 5* restaurant, but you might not need that anyway, so you shouldn't pay for it. It does have a pool, outdoor deck, pool table, and offers free car wash. They give you a bucket with soapy water and a sponge and you can wash your own car.

We arrived by car from the west. If you're driving, check Google Maps or call the hotel for directions before you go. The airport is big and the streets can be confusing. The drive to the city center is about 15-25 minutes depending on traffic. There is not a good option for public transportation from the hotel to the city. You'll have to take a taxi to a bus station, then a bus to a metro. That trip could take you 45-60 minutes and cost $10 for the taxi and $2.75 per person each way for the bus/metro. We found good parking on Berri street under the new library. It costs $10 for 24 hours and $7 for 24 hours on weekends. Parking in the business area is about $20 for 24 hours. The walk from Berri to the old town is just 10 minutes and to the business/shopping area just 20 minutes. The other advantage to having the car is that you can drive around the city and experience things at your own pace. With our 3 day stay, we drove to Quebec City for one day and had enough time to see highlights of both cities.

In summary, the hotel was awesome. The location was okay, but worth it for the price. Montreal is very cool!

• Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank dal-n-lana
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montreal
Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel
Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel
Comfort Inn Aeroport
Comfort Inn Aeroport
#5 of 8 in Dorval

Been to Aloft Montreal Airport? Share your experiences!