“So so friendly and cool place to stay”

Aloft Montreal Airport
Ranked #46 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Ottawa, Canada
“So so friendly and cool place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

My sister and I stayed at the Aloft overnight as we were picking our mom at the airport and it was very late in the evening, so we decided to stay overnight. The SPG reservation desk referred me to the Aloft to meet my needs for 2 Q beds. the Hotel and staff service at check in and out exceeded my expectation, great place to stay and comfy. Restaurant is limited but the front desk referred us to the Sheraton across the street, less than 100m, and the food and service was great there as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Korean first
Peterbrough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have stayed here three times in the past year and have not been disappointed at any time. The rate is terrific and in my opinion, you get more than what you pay for (for a change ;-)

The room is very "efficient"; high- tech, comfortable and clean. Other than coffee in the morning, you will pay for all other food and it is on the edge of a continental vs a hot breakfast. There is a Sheraton located next door that you can go to their dinning room for a nive dinner or breakfast.

Room Tip: it is near the airport so I don't think you can avoid the sounds of flights taking off. I have b...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Jamie K, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Montreal Airport, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for staying with Aloft Montreal Airport. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your tech-friendly vibe. Hope to see you again soon!
FLORIDA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Picked this hotel because I've always wanted to stay at an Aloft, second we were driving from Toronto and I didn't want to battle downtown Montreal at the time of day that we were getting into town. I really liked it, very modern and quaint at the same time. I thought that the area needed more dining options, we went across the street to the Sheraton for dinner and we were pleased. I would stay there again and hope to get another opportunity to stay in another Aloft as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

only problem is getting there ....kind of tricky. Have to pay for parking . Lobby is small but efficient , overall vibe is quite modern and eclectic. Rooms are spacious for a family of four, good lay out , not much of a view , anyway who needs a view when you're only there for sleeping.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank browser2013
ALL OVER THE WORLD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I am a fan of Aloft and have stayed previously at the Aloft in Kansas City. I also think that I am their target demographic. Mid 30's, single with a good amount of disposable income.

Now... the Aloft Montreal has a number of bad reviews. I will address some of these interviews. Some of the comments are justified, others, not so much. I think that the biggest problem that this hotel has is that a large number of people that book it are not the target demographic. I can totally understand why some people would not like this hotel, the same way as there are a lot of hotel chains that I would not like.

I think that too many people book this hotel purely because of price, not understanding the Aloft brand.

So, to address the issues:

Roadworks: Yes. Hideous. There are no words to describe how bad the rod network is around the Montreal Airport at present. I rented a car and had GPS, but the GPS was unaware of the diversions. Getting to the hotel was not TOO bad, with only one wrong turn, getting OUT of the hotel, however, a 1km journey took 25 minutes. That being said, this is not only affecting the Aloft, but almost all of the airport hotels.

Service: I did not feel that I received poor or indifferent service, as is noted in so many other reviews. Again, I don't expect polished subservient service in an Aloft, nor it's sister brand W. The kind of traveler that uses these brands I would think wants effective impersonal service. Check n was not the fastest and there was only one girl on the reception. I had no idea you could do self check in at the iPads in reception until I got to the room. The housekeeping staff said hello as I passed in the hallway and transactions at reception were efficiently completed.

Some reviews have also noted that the hotel looks worn down. Again, I saw no reason to feel this way. Some people may not like the "unifinished" look of the lofts (rooms) and maybe this can give a feel of poor maintenance if you are not used to that style of design. The only maintenance issue I had is that one of the two blinds in my room would not open.

The bar in the lobby looked great, but again, with the hotel not having a lot of the normal Aloft demographic, the atmosphere was lacking in the bar. Which was the opposite to the previous Aloft stay in KC where the vibe was great at night.

Parking is free, although limited. They have a huge parking lot but it seems that a lot of people leave their car there long term while traveling, which means if you arrive in the evening to the hotel, parking spaces can be tough to find. Compare to the Sheraton across the street which is a much bigger hotel but has very few cars in their lot as they do not allow long-term parking.

Internet is free and f a decent speed. The front desk clerk gave me an access code at check in, but there was no need as you can just connect.

There is NOTHING in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. If you want to eat, you either need to travel out, have the snacks that are available in reception or order out. Reception has menus for local pizza and Asian restaurants that will deliver. Dominos delivered within 20 minutes.

Overall, I love Aloft. They are a high-end budget hotel brand. They are young, fresh, funky. When the roadworks finally get finished, that will be one of their major issues resolved, but please, do yourself a favor, if you like luxury, rather than modern, book elsewhere. You will be happier.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank oceanmatt
Jamie K, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Montreal Airport, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for being a loyal customer and fan of the Aloft brand. We hope that you have the opportunity to check out our other 75 hotels around the world. If your travels bring you to Montreal again, we would love to see you again. Take care!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We loved this hotel. It had a shuttle that would take you to the airport, where you could easily board a bus to Old Montreal.
The lobby and rooms had a funky, urban feel to them. The beds were comfortable, very big rooms/bathrooms. The only thing I missed was a dresser.
We enjoyed the fitness room and pool as well.
The service was great! Would definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you kindly for taking the time to leave us a review in regards to your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear that you were able to easily take the bus into Montreal and experience the city. If your travels bring you to the area again, we would love to have you!
Ajijic, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I arrived late at night. The lobby was a glow with muted hues of hot pink, lime green and cobalt blues. I loved it. The techno music was ok but it matched evening since it was a Saturday night. The receptionist tended to me quick, efficient and with a nice smile. I was on guard after reading negative comments of this hotel AFTER i had booked my stay. I stayed 4 nites and loved it. The staff was always available. The hotel was clean, the breakfasts were tasty and encompassed all food groups. The pool was out of service however i was invited by reception to swim next door at the Sheraton, super cool. I loved the Free Shuttle to and from the airport. My room was clean, the bedding was excellent and FREE WIFI. The decor was modern and soft and a nice big flat screen mounted on the wall. THe sounds of the jets excited my thoughts of travel in the future and great hotel stays to come.. THe sense i get from the negative comments about this hotel is that the guests themselves were not happy campers. This hotel was a comfort.
Thanks Aloft

Room Tip: I had a corner room on the 5th floor over looking the airport.. I loved it!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montreal
Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel
#6 of 7 in Dorval
Novotel Montreal Aeroport
Novotel Montreal Aeroport
#67 of 163 in Montreal

Been to Aloft Montreal Airport? Share your experiences!