“Excellent airport hotel”

Aloft Montreal Airport
Ranked #54 of 166 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed here overnight before a morning flight to Montreal. The service was excellent and the rooms were comfortable and clean. We made use of the well stocked late night snack bar. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear CCorbett02,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our late night snack bar. We hope to see you on your next trip to Montreal. Take care!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We had a 12hr layover in Mtl coming back from vacation and decided to grab an airport hotel and chose the Aloft off of Expedia. They had an airport shuttle so it worked out great. When we arrived back in Canada the airport was a zoo! A couple thousand people arriving at the same time from down south and we thought getting out of there would be a gong show. I call the hotel, they told me where to catch the shuttle, we walked out of the mayhem right onto the shuttle and were wisked to the hotel in a blink...no stress.
On arrival, the staff was pleasant and helpful. We checked in with no hassle and headed to our room and were pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, new, kinda funky and very comfortable. It had a great shower, comfortable bed with great linen and internet included. I think there was a brunch in the morning but we slept through it and ended up walking over to the Sheraton for breakfast.
We Will stay here again when passing through Montreal Airport.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Eric M,
We really appreciate your review - thanks for sharing. We're glad you were able to use our shuttle service and experience Aloft for the first time with us. We're actually the very first Aloft hotel. If you are in Montreal again, we hope you'll experience our re:fuel eatery for breakfast or w xyz bar for an afternoon cocktail. Take care!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed at the Aloft for a couple of days and have stayed in other Aloft's before. This particular aloft was not quite in the same ball park as the others. It fits the model exactly, the rooms are pretty much identical to those we have stayed in elsewhere. However, this particular time it was not as pleasant a stay as we have had.

The bed was cozy and we got a decent night's sleep. We didn't have much problem with noise from the airport. The shower and bathroom are really lovely, that's a big bonus in these hotels.

The room was a bit dirty, dusty with a few of someone else's hairs in the bed. NICE! ... The staff were really aloof and not very welcoming. Other's have mentioned the location, it is not exactly the best part of Montreal. Don't expect nice views, it's also not very well signed and a bit crazy to get to at the moment due to there being a lot of construction work going on.

I wouldn't stay at this particular Aloft again, but it hasn't put me off the whole brand yet as our previous experiences have been ok.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank worldoyster31

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay. We are glad that you had a good night’s sleep at Aloft Montreal. Our team is dedicated to quality customer service and we are always looking for areas of improvement. Please feel free to contact me at ltaub@aloftmontrealairport.com so that I may personally handle your next reservation and ensure that you get to experience an A+ stay with us.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I am just finishing a business trip with partners who stayed at the Sheraton across the street also on the airport property but I was the only one that stayed here because I got a good rate. I thought it was a good location, mid-price range and close to the airport.

Overall the hotel was in good shape, the rooms were well appointed to the normal ALoft standards and 2 bottles of free water every day. My room was on the top floor (thanks SPG) it looked out on the airport tarmac and it was surprisingly quiet. The "x y z" bar is well stocked and is staffed by great bartenders that tend to get transients who add to the color of the bar atmosphere...

Anyway, good spot and we would stay here again if I need to be near the airport...

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2013

First time using Aloft and not impressed.
Shuttle bus leaves airport from post 1-2 and also 3. Try to get on at post 1-2 (domestic arrivals) as bus is full when it comes at post 3.
Lobby furniture looks tired. Had to wait a long time to check-in. When checking-in I was not asked if I was ok with an accessible room, I only found this out after I entered the room.
Ceiling full of large cracks, a large hole in the bathroom shower area. No safe. Alarm clock worked only with light blinking no sound came out. I set wake-up call also by phone but there was no option to choose English instructions only automated French instructions.
However the absolute worst was the noise. Construction in front of the hotel and also a lot of plane noise. It was really bad. I was on the 2nd. floor. I travel a lot and stay a lot at airport hotels, including the Montreal airport and never experienced such noise disturbance.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Traveler009
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is my second time in Montreal and a customer recommended this hotel. I arrived during a blizzard and was disappointed to find the parking lot wasn't cleared of snow. So I had to park in a unplowed spot. The lobby is modern and there is no restaurant but there is bar food and a bar. The layout of the room is different. When you walk in the bathroom is immediate and open to your right. The shower, toliet and sink are all open with a sliding door between the sink and toliet/shower. There is no closet but a area with a curtain. The bedroom area is average size with a nice size tv, desk and bench for putting your suitcase. No room service so I had no choice but to go to the bar for food as going out in the blizzard wasn't an option. Overall for the price a nice option. If the weather was better I would have walked next door to the Sheraton for dinner. I did have a small issue getting into my room with my key twice but not a big deal. Also, I didn't understand theromstat because it wasn't in degrees and I'm used to the American system so the room was very hot then very cold. Not their fault but mine.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I found this place as an unlisted deal on a popular travel site, and it was totally worth it. The whole place was clean and modern with large, bright rooms, mini fridges, and a large walk-in shower with a door. The staff were always courteous and professional. The airport shuttle bus was a nice amenity, but kind of hard to figure out, as the staff at the desk were never able to explain it properly...I rode it and ultimately asked the driver. I would definitely stay here again if passing through the Montreal area.

Room Tip: all rooms face highways, but facing the parking lot is much quieter
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Linda_Taub, General Manager at Aloft Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for your stay at Aloft Montreal Airport! Great to hear that you enjoyed an A+ stay in style and at a steal, and that you made use of our convenient, free 24 hour airport shuttle service running to/from the airport every 15-20 minutes. Also a plus that our modern, funky and functional décor worked for you. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Montreal
Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel
Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel
Comfort Inn Aeroport
Comfort Inn Aeroport
#5 of 8 in Dorval

Been to Aloft Montreal Airport? Share your experiences!