“Very Noisy”

Aloft Montreal Airport
Ranked #54 of 166 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed March 28, 2013

First time using Aloft and not impressed.
Shuttle bus leaves airport from post 1-2 and also 3. Try to get on at post 1-2 (domestic arrivals) as bus is full when it comes at post 3.
Lobby furniture looks tired. Had to wait a long time to check-in. When checking-in I was not asked if I was ok with an accessible room, I only found this out after I entered the room.
Ceiling full of large cracks, a large hole in the bathroom shower area. No safe. Alarm clock worked only with light blinking no sound came out. I set wake-up call also by phone but there was no option to choose English instructions only automated French instructions.
However the absolute worst was the noise. Construction in front of the hotel and also a lot of plane noise. It was really bad. I was on the 2nd. floor. I travel a lot and stay a lot at airport hotels, including the Montreal airport and never experienced such noise disturbance.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Traveler009

Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is my second time in Montreal and a customer recommended this hotel. I arrived during a blizzard and was disappointed to find the parking lot wasn't cleared of snow. So I had to park in a unplowed spot. The lobby is modern and there is no restaurant but there is bar food and a bar. The layout of the room is different. When you walk in the bathroom is immediate and open to your right. The shower, toliet and sink are all open with a sliding door between the sink and toliet/shower. There is no closet but a area with a curtain. The bedroom area is average size with a nice size tv, desk and bench for putting your suitcase. No room service so I had no choice but to go to the bar for food as going out in the blizzard wasn't an option. Overall for the price a nice option. If the weather was better I would have walked next door to the Sheraton for dinner. I did have a small issue getting into my room with my key twice but not a big deal. Also, I didn't understand theromstat because it wasn't in degrees and I'm used to the American system so the room was very hot then very cold. Not their fault but mine.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I found this place as an unlisted deal on a popular travel site, and it was totally worth it. The whole place was clean and modern with large, bright rooms, mini fridges, and a large walk-in shower with a door. The staff were always courteous and professional. The airport shuttle bus was a nice amenity, but kind of hard to figure out, as the staff at the desk were never able to explain it properly...I rode it and ultimately asked the driver. I would definitely stay here again if passing through the Montreal area.

Room Tip: all rooms face highways, but facing the parking lot is much quieter
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Linda_Taub, General Manager at Aloft Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for your stay at Aloft Montreal Airport! Great to hear that you enjoyed an A+ stay in style and at a steal, and that you made use of our convenient, free 24 hour airport shuttle service running to/from the airport every 15-20 minutes. Also a plus that our modern, funky and functional décor worked for you. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I first want to say that the hotel was nice, comfortable bed etc. My husband & I drove to Montreal on 3/12/13 to stay at Aloft before flying out the next morning on vacation. We paid the rate that would allow us to leave our car in Aloft's parking lot until we returned on 3/20/13. We got up early the next morning and went out to the parking lot to leave an overnight bag in our car and our car was gone. We thought we lucked out getting a parking spot just two rows from the hotel entrance but that didn't seem to deter the thugs that helped themselves to our car. I feel that if you promote the fact that the hotel is convenient to the airport, parking included (for a fee) then you should provide a secure parking lot. I also feel that my rate should have been adjusted seeing that I ended up not utilizing a parking space leaving it open for the next victim.

Robin Marshall

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rlmjem

Thank you for your recent stay and comments. Glad to hear you liked our modern concept and comfortable beds. I am disappointed to hear about the incident with your vehicle. As I am sure you understand, this can happen in any parking area, hotel or otherwise. However, I can sympathize with your situation, as it must not be pleasant when this happens just upon return from vacation. Please feel free to call upon me at 514-633-6185 if you'd like to discuss and stay with us next time in Montreal. I will personally assist you with your booking and ensure to your complete satisfaction.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I just came home from a long and disastrous trip from Europe. Because my flight from Paris was delayed and made me miss my connection to Chicago, I was stuck in Montreal until the next morning (today) because there were no other "evening" flights to Chicago. I had never been in Montreal until last night and I have never been "stuck" in another country before, on my own, and not knowing anybody or any places. The information desk employee at the airport recommended your hotel since I was looking for something not too expensive in a big city, and near the airport (bear in mind that I am 22 and even though I am working , I don't want to waste my money on things I can't afford yet).

I assume your reservations are a "Central Reservations", but if you could pass on this review to NANCY who made my reservation, please let her know that she is great at her job. Being a Guest Services/Front Desk Agent myself, I thought that her communication and person skills were excellent, especially since I was a little bit desperate at the time of booking. She was friendly, reassuring, quick, and professional. She even asked me if I was a Starwood member and enrolled me to your program! Way to promote your loyalty program! ;)

I was really glad to hear that the shuttle service was free. I know that names matter in a review but I was too tired to remember the names of the gentlemen working last night (March 13th around 8:30pm) and this morning (March 14th around 7am), but both were really nice and patient, always smiling when someone approached the desk, using proper language. Great job!

Even though I was put in a handicapped room (I was staying 1 night anyway and slept right away, so I didn't mind), the room was clean, spacious and comfy. They have everything you need in that room and all items came in handy for a person like me, who did not plan on staying in a hotel overnight. For leisure travelers, they also have an indoor pool to relax.
This hotel may be a 3-star hotel but the staff, the design and the comfort this hotel provides guests makes one's short stay exceptional. You guys really made up my bad flight experience.

If family or friends decide to go to Montreal in the future, or should I visit the city in the future with my boyfriend, I assure you that if the hotel company I work for does not accept my employee rate, I will gladly send them or myself to your hotel! :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great place to stay and good value for your money. I was surprised at cleanliness of the place and the great modern large rooms. Felt like I was at home in my own loft. Very spacious with all amenities and loved the really modern design of place. We got breakfast muffins and coffee before we caught our plane that morning. Staff were great. Outside lounge area and bar funky and very fun and we already felt we were on vacation. Really cool!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I gave this Aloft location a second visit - You rarely can beat their price. I was better than my first time but I still consider this is a sub-par Aloft property. Forget the hip and glam you normally find in those hotels. This one is in the middle of a horrible car parking with nothing around. Staff is uninterested and the public areas are being neglected: duck tape on the carpet, elevators with the movers' wall curtain,dirty stained hallway carpets (just like the Motel 6).

Unlike the Econo Lodge, the do-it-yourself breakfast isn't free. Like the Travelodge, soap and shampoo are in a push push dispenser in the shower and the bedding is not that comfortable. Unlike the Super 8, there is no iron/board in the room.

Airport Shuttle still stops in two long term parking lots before the hotel, dropping each person in front of their own car - you can imagine how long this can, especially when a guy does not know where he actually parked his car.

I keep my former recommendation. If you can, go for the Sheraton next door - real restaurant, nice pool, great room with nice washroom. Professional, discreet staff.

Free Internet.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Linda_Taub, General Manager at Aloft Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay and comments. As a Specialty Select Brand property by the airport, we offer 24 hour airport shuttle service every 15 minutes for our guest's convenience. We have a very trendy design which is why we are best known as offering style at a steal. Sorry to hear that our décor was not what you expected. Aloft elevators are actually designed with wall curtains, these are not movers curtains. Every room is equipped with iron & board conveniently tucked away behind bed headboards, saving space and also part of the funky look. There are light finger foods at the w xyz lounge bar, open nightly as of 5PM,24 hour snacks in Re:fuel and many menus for ordering in. Our 10$ bundled breakfast buffet is affordable and a great option for breakfast at the hotel. Hoping you will give us another try next time you stay by the Montreal Airport so we can share additional information with you and so that you get to enjoy a fun and convenient stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Montreal
Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel
Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel
Comfort Inn Aeroport
Comfort Inn Aeroport
#5 of 8 in Dorval

Been to Aloft Montreal Airport? Share your experiences!