“Great affordable place near the airport”

Aloft Montreal Airport
Ranked #49 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed March 8, 2013

What i like:
-Free shuttle from the airport. I've never had to wait longer than 10 minutes for the shuttle, it comes and goes very frequently
-Mini fridge in the room
-Extremely clean and modern
-Free wifi

You honestly can't go wrong for $99/night.

The only complaint i've heard from others is that there's a lot of construction going on nearby so if you rent a car, its not easy to find the entrance. Some people had to circle around several times which can be frustrating.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Linda_Taub, General Manager at Aloft Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed a great Aloft weekend rate and had a pleasurable stay in our modern space with all the amenities that go along! We do appreciate your comments and will look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We made the reservation the same day we were checking in, no problems very accommodating over the phone. Hotel is very close to the airport about 5 minutes. Check in was quick and friendly, rooms were clean and modern. Ordered some late night food from the bar although the pizza wasn't very good.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Needed a place to staybefore an early morning flight. Hotel was clean and staff helpful. great location and could hardly hear the airplanes. Room was fun and modern. (slightly hidden from the main road so it took a little searching to find the small hotel sign.)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We chose this hotel as we were returning thru Montreal from our vacation. I had booked on line with a company before we left and contacted them to advise of a very late check in - our flight arrived at 1:30 AM. We had problems connecting with the shuttle that runs every 15 minutes. We were unaware the hotel is affliated with the Sheraton and would miss the shuttle when it would come around. We ended up taking a taxi to the hotel 2 1/2 hrs later. When we arrived, we were told there wasn't a reservation. We had to contact the company we booked with to be told they book the hotel for a month later. We couldn't just book a room at the front desk, but had to call their reservation center to secure the room, but when you do that, they book for the 3 PM check in. I had an extremely hard time getting the reservation agent understand I was in the lobby of the hotel and desparately needed a room immediately at 4:30 AM for 2 nights with the check out for the 17th, All she could do was give me a check out for the 18th. To get the room, I accepted. The front desk agent made the adjustments and finally gave us our room.

The rooms are very modern, but didn't have enough blankets for my liking as we were coming back from a tropical climate and there was a long wait at the airport trying to connect with the shuttle. There were extra pillows.

What I did like was there was an electrical outlet on either side of the bed. You didn't have to go looking for one to charge any of your electronics. They also had a modem to hook up your lap top to enabling you to watch movies from your lap top on the big screen TV. The hotel supplies a safe in the room, all in one shampoo and liquid soap in the shower. Free water and single serve coffee as well.

Room Tip: You can still hear certain flights leaving.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Linda_Taub, General Manager at Aloft Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay at Aloft Montreal Airport. Sounds like getting to our hotel may have been somewhat confusing. We hope to make it easy on your return. Please know that our shuttle service runs to and from the airport/hotel every 15 minutes and this, around the clock. Guests may stay close to Post 2 and 3, and need only come out though the airport doors when the shuttle arrives. This ensures all of our guests stay nice and warm on cold winter nights. We are glad you made it to the hotel and got to enjoy our modern layout and design. Great to hear that you found the room to be functional with all the many amenities needed and appreciated while travelling. Feel free to ask for assistance should you need anything else during your stay. Our Front Desk Talent will be delighted to assist you upon your next visit at Aloft!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is a good place to stay if you need to stay somewhere close to the airport and like a modern place to stay it's very stylish. The price of the food isn't cheap, they have a little display cooler with sandwiches, wraps and salads that run from 7.99-12.99 or so for a single serving size, $3 a drink or so. The pool room was nice and warm, the staff spoke pretty good english overall, the gym was nice. Our room was nice had a few stains on the floor but we dont mind that, it came with 2 free bottles of water and a few packets of coffee, which is more than some other places around. We loved the style of the place, the only thing I could think of to change is maybe a fan in the bathroom and lower priced food, but the rest is above average for sure :) I would definately stay again.

1  Thank Labradorian87
Reviewed February 11, 2013

when passing through the Montreal airport. Very clean, modern, loft like. The decor never fails to impress. Close to the airport via the free shuttle makes this an ideal location. No breakfast included this time so I didn't rate it down a notch like my first review.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Linda_Taub, General Manager at Aloft Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you for your return to Aloft. I am glad to hear that the Aloft funky and modern design continues to make us your hotel of choice. Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon for another A+ stay!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I often stay at Aloft hotels near airports during business travel and find them a great change of pace. Unfortunately, this hotel does not meet the typical Aloft (or "W" hotel) standards. My first stay, the front desk was unhelpful and I never found the bartender at wxyz. The second stay, the staff was very kind, but I found the hotel to be falling apart! The handles to the back entrance of the hotel had fallen off and not repaired. The pool was closed due to "health issues". The shower door in my room was broken. Lights were burned out. Really? Is there not a maintenance group a the hotel. After two bad experiences, I will not stay at this hotel again and would not recommend it to anyone. Many other good hotels at YUL.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent stay at Aloft. I am glad to hear that you enjoy Aloft hotels and that you support Starwood hotels. This is much appreciated. I am sorry to hear that this particular stay with us was not your usual A+ experience. The week you were here the pool door lock was "under the weather" as indicated on our sign, however, our Splash swimming pool itself was accessible and perfectly fine. Although near the door lock, I do understand that the sign being on the door itself might have caused some of our guests to avoid the pool thinking it was "under the weather". Our Front Desk talent should have mentioned this during check-in, but please also feel free to call upon our talent at anytime during your stay. We will make sure to assist you and clarify any of our services. I certainly hope that you will change your mind and stay with us again soon. Please call me directly if you'd like to book your next visit (514-633-6185). I will personally manage your reservation and ensure that you get to enjoy an A+ stay at Aloft Montreal Airport!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Montreal
Novotel Montreal Aeroport
#72 of 165 in Montreal
Dorval / Airport / Train Station
Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Airport

Been to Aloft Montreal Airport? Share your experiences!