“A real find”

Aloft Montreal Airport
Ranked #49 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I got this place for a song on Hotwire, because we needed to stay near the airport for an early morning departure. Frankly, we weren't expecting much.

But we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel has a very nice vibe. The check-in went smoothly, and our room was quite stylish, with a comfortable bed, and a nice shower. It was also extremely quiet, despite being a stone's throw away from the airport.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Linda_Taub, General Manager at Aloft Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you for your comments! So glad to hear that your recent experience was most pleasant during an overnight stay by the airport. I am also glad that you and your wife enjoyed Aloft Montreal Airport's convenient, modern design and easy check-in process. We do look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

As I said above great location right by airport. but with all the construction around on the roads it was difficult to get to.. lack of temporary signage. Parking great, no charge.. rooms very modern and mine was large with 2 x double beds. Very small bar fridge was noisy as someone else had mentioned..
no restaurant, so I walked the 100ft to the Sharaton next door for dinner.. (Extremely good food)
Last night whole hotel was evacuated for fire alarm at 03:15am. But soon back to bed...
Pricing very reasonable for hotel close to airport of this quality..

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We had the pleasure of staying here for 2 nights in order to attend a friends engagement party and we were not disappointed. The hotel was overall very trendy and the service we experienced throughout our stay was wonderful, with the staff being very attentive to our needs. As per the W standard the mattress was wonderfully comfortable (a little more firm than the Sheraton mattresses). While there was a little bit of noise from landing planes, we seldom heard it except for before going to bed. Overall though this was a great place to stay by the airport and we would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed one night as we couldn't connect on our return from France. Service and price were excellent. Rooms very large and well appointed. A bit of noise from planes. Free shuttle service. Great value.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed in the hotel three times on my past business trips before this review, but no major complain before this one. Hotel is close to the airport & decent shuttle services, running every 15 mins or less. Room was clean and the bed was comfortable. It just takes one bad service to ruin the entire image of hotel. It was this front lady in the morning (she must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed). I asked for my little bag the night staff placed in the fridge as it contained some samples that needed to be frozen. Then this lady took the tag and came back empty-handed, saying she couldn't find it. I told her to look it in the fridge, then she raised her voice saying 'in the FrIdGE?!'. Not to mention she gave me a dirty look. I took the bag and left as I was in a hurry to catch the flight. Besides I didn't see the point in giving her the lecture about customer service as I am sure the manager who reads this comment will give her an hour long workshop on the professionalism and customer service.

Room Tip: Take the room close to the elevator - faster to leave in the morning.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Linda_Taub, General Manager at Aloft Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you for your loyalty to Aloft Montreal Airport and Starwood hotels. I do apologize for your most recent Front Desk experience. As I understand it, it was not the service you're accustomed to at Aloft. Please rest assured that your comments will be discussed with all team members so as to ensure that all Aloft guests receive only the most satisfactory customer service we are known to offer. Please allow us another chance at offering you an A+ experience when next in Montreal.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

The hotel was very clean and comfy.
The bar drinks were over priced - one
cocktail and one beer cost $23.00 !!
Great shuttle from airport and to train station.
Room decor was different, more like a European
room. The fridge was noisy.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jessie J
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Great location, good staff. I had a nice quiet room. Staff is always helpful. Usually stay at this location when I travel to Montreal, as it is a great location if you have to be around the airport area. Rooms are clean and lots of space.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montreal
Novotel Montreal Aeroport
#72 of 165 in Montreal
Dorval / Airport / Train Station
Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Airport

Been to Aloft Montreal Airport? Share your experiences!