“Small, quaint and delicious”
Review of Olive & Gourmando

Olive & Gourmando
Ranked #22 of 5,947 Restaurants in Montreal
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Delicious meal and Dominique recommended a wine from Portugal that was just perfect with our tenderloin. The locals seemed so relaxed and happy. A must for a real french experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,330)

Reviewed April 14, 2014

My boyfriend and I decided to check out Olive & Gourmando based on a review we'd heard from Aziz Ansari. When we got to the adorable little cafe around lunchtime, our names were taken and we were told it would be around a half hour wait.

Shortly afterwards, I came down with an absolutely awful nosebleed and had to step outside to take care of it. The girl who'd taken our names down came out to call for another group of people, saw me dripping all over the ground, and ran back inside to grab a handful of paper towels for me. When all was said and done, she escorted me back inside to clean up in the restroom, and asked my boyfriend and I if we still wanted to stay and eat. We ended up sitting right at the window ten or fifteen minutes earlier than the half hour it would have taken.

We both ordered the same thing-- the Cuban sandwich with raspberry lime lemonade and a shared bowl of potato leek soup-- and it was honestly one of the best lunches I've ever had, oh my goodness. Everything was absolutely perfect, and our only regret was that we were too full to try any of the delicious-looking pastries waiting behind the counter.

O&G was able to turn a potentially disastrous afternoon into an amazing time, both food-wise and customer-service-wise. I really can't speak highly enough about the place!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

If you are sick of hotel breakfasts with boxed eggs omelettes and wonderbread toasts go to this restaurant on St Paul st, Their breakfast is simply wonderful with plenty of local options

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stumbled upon this place looking for lunch, and ended up going back the next day for breakfast because we enjoyed it so much! Great atmosphere and cozy place to hang out and escape the cold weather. Their sandwiches & panini were delicious, and I wish I could have tried more on their menu because everything they brought out looked so good! Don't miss their fresh pastries and scones - some of the best. Definitely a must in old Montreal!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Had a wonderful breakfast of granola, yogurt and pastries. Very good service and perfect location for staying in Old Montreal. Enjoyable experience and it was very busy!