“Good place for lunch, avoid the evening crowd”
Review of Olive & Gourmando

Olive & Gourmando
Ranked #30 of 5,710 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French, Cafe, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Nevada City, California
“Good place for lunch, avoid the evening crowd”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is a great place to go to for all occasions – with family, friends, -- may be except dating as it is crowded in the evenings. Thus, I normally go for lunch. The food is a delicious mix of Western food and Montreal dishes. My favorite dish here is the truffle mac and cheese as well as the smoked trout sandwich. They also have a great assortments of croissants which are good as well. Service is great – attentive and caring. I’ve heard that their breakfasts are also excellent as well (but I have yet to try it out).

• Visited November 2012

• Greek first
Ottawa, Canada
“Great food!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

A great place for breakfast or lunch. Their sandwich called "An Egg in the Face" is not to be missed if you can get there early enough to order as it is often gone. They have a wonderful array of sandwiches,pastries, muffins, scones I for morning treats lunch provides delicious sandwiches,soups and salads. It is a popular place so one needs get there early to get a table. If a table is not available take out is an option which is what I often do to bring back to the office or eat in one of the many lovely outdoor spots in Old Montreal. Very noisy,busy vibrant place but if you are looking for a causal restaurant for great food don't miss Olive & Gourmando.

• Visited February 2013
Lima, Peru
“Everything is good!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've been here twice, both times for brunch, one during the week one on the weekend, one with my wife and one with the whole family including one 6yo kid. Both times everything was excellent. The ambiance is nice and service too, but the food is amazing. To start, coffee is very good , as in most of nice places in Montreal. The bakery is one of the bests in Montreal, in fact in my obsessive search for the best croissant in Montreal this place is ranked among the first three. But the most impressive thing here are the sandwiches ( panninis ) . All we have tried were not only very good , but very tasty and different from the typical things you find in other similar places. In summary: Great Place!, would recommend going , and yes the wait is worth it.

• Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful lunch”
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

I was there for a late lunch and at almost 3 pm it was still really busy. I ordered a panini (chèvre chaud) and a latte. My coffee was served really shortly after I sat, the best latte I got in Montreal. My panini was as delicious as my latte. Really friendly staff, will defenetly recommend this place.

Montreal, Canada
“Excellent food! not what we expected for breakfast”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Half hour waiting time or so as the place is often full. The food was very good but not what we were expecting for breakfast so we were disappointed. Its a place where you need to stand up and look at the food available, but it is then brought to your table. Nice place, great location, but definitely not traditional in its service

Visited October 2012