“Wonderful stay!”

Ranked #15 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Winnipeg, Canada
“Wonderful stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

I stayed overnight in a king studio suite on March 24th, 2014 and had a wonderful stay! I ended up arriving a couple hours earlier than expected and was able to check in early with no problems whatsoever. The room was adorable and included a well-stocked kitchen, TV, and nice bathroom. I will definitely be staying here when I return to Montreal!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

In winter, 2013, bought a night's stay at Parc Suites through a third party and I made reservations at Parc Suites for Nuit Blanche. I confirmed my reservations over the phone with the hotel and the clerk said that everything was set up. When my wife and I arrived with our luggage, we got a different story. They had no reservations for us and didn't even have any record of my purchase. The clerk informed us that we would have to make our own arrangements for the night. We got turfed out of the hotel, at night, in winter, on one of Montreal's busiest weekends.

Since the room was pre-paid, I had no other choice but to fork out more money for another hotel room. The coupon was left to expire since we had no other plans to go to Montreal.

A YEAR LATER, I get a charge to my credit card from the hotel. I called Parc Suites to discuss the charge and they say it was for taxes on the room that I never used. The clerk on the phone was apologetic and offered to refund the taxes and give me a voucher for a night's stay at Parc Suites. He said he had my contact information and that he would be in contact.

It's now a month later an I haven't heard a thing from Parc Suites. I think they are hoping I've forgotten about this again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Andrew C
HotelownerMontreal, General Manager at Parc Suites Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear guest and Tripadvisor members,

According to our records the guest had a reservation and did not show up even if the room was prepaid through another website. So the room was assigned and stayed empty according to our records. Personally I was on vacation and was not aware of this no-show situation.
About a year later as I was checking my guest accounts , I realized that there was a guest that booked his room through another website and did not show up, and over more we forgot to charge him the taxes . Even though he did not show up , according to our agreement with the other company, our hotel is responsible of charging the the taxes to the guest. That having been said, since all of our records were clearly stating that the guest didn't show up and also that the taxes hadn't been charged , I went ahead and charged the taxes . I did not have the guest’s e-mail address otherwise I would have sent a copy of the invoice along with the explanation of the charges incurred on the credit card.
A few days later the guest contacted me and explained that when he arrived to the hotel , to his amazement the hotel was full and that the receptionist did not really offer an alternative option for accommodations and they had to search for another hotel by themselves. When I heard the details of the guest’s encounter at our hotel , I was in complete shock and could not believe what the guest was saying, because this kind of behavior does not fit with our hospitality standards and our customer service values. For that time , I took the guest’s testimony into consideration until I make my own investigation into the matter.
I asked the guest ‘’what had happened with their reservation?’’
He replied ‘’ I assumed that it is expired’’
I said to him that ‘’ It could not be expired’’
The reason was because of this situation he could not use his prepaid reservation coupon.
I offered him 1 night stay right away , I even said ‘’if you want , I’ll keep the taxes charges , when you come to the hotel, I won’t charge you the taxes’’
the second option that I proposed to him was ‘’If not I can refund the taxes and when you come to the hotel I can charge you the taxes’’
and he replied’’ please refund the taxes’’ and then I refunded it right away.
I tried to contact him but I could not reach him by phone , so in order to get a hold of him I sent him several messages through the Tripadvisor message system, after several attempts he answered me once. I even offered him his voucher value, but I wanted to investigate furthermore to be able to gather more information about the facts in order to make the right decision.
According to my investigation the guest did not show up. Personally, I was presuming that maybe there was an error that potentially the guest might have arrived to the wrong hotel by mistake, could have been that he did not realize that he went to the wrong hotel by confusion of the hotel names,how could it have happened.
On Park Avenue, there is another hotel called Hotel Park Avenue, and our hotel coincidentally is also located on Park Avenue as well. Both hotels are not too far from each other but in terms of quality they are very different than each other. It happens quite often that taxi drivers mix the 2 hotels and bring the guest to the wrong hotel , this might be the only possibility that I am thinking might have happened but in spite of this I am ready to compensate the guest by offering him a free night’s stay.
, About 2 months have gone by since the last time I communicated with him, therefore I haven’t had the chance to retrieve more information from the guest pertaining to the events that transpired that night.
In order to finalize the investigation I am just wanting for our guest’s reply by phone.
Best regards,
Turgay D.
General manager
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed over the spring break in this small boutique hotel.
The reception and service was very accommodating.
The big bonus of small location is the service and the feel of home away from home.
There are no running down the corridor or loud parties.
Few steps to three coffee houses, grocery store, pharmacy and several restaurants.
Very close to the center of the city.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelownerMontreal, General Manager at Parc Suites Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying at the Parc Suites Hotel and your time spent on expressing your feedback , it is very much appreciated,
Open since February 2014 , our restaurant the Bistro T offers a succulent and diverse north American menu , open 6 days from 7am to 3pm,
we wish to hear from you again in the near future, book directly with us for your next stay and take advantage of the many surpluses like free parking , best rates , room selection and many more,
Best regards

Turgay D

Parc Suites Hotel
General manger
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Parc Suites Hotel for 8 days in early March. We were taken care of from the moment we arrived (luggage carried up the stairs by the friendly and helpful Hotel Clerk (Hagop)), continued with the owner/manager Turgay offering assistance and responding to all our requests and finally, carrying our luggage down the stairs at an early hour to catch our plane. Other reviewers have described the hotel accurately and I concur with their comments. The restaurant on the ground floor is excellent and offers great food and service. I recommend this hotel and will return on our next trip to Montreal. This is the best service I have encountered anywhere.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed overnight at Parc Suites Hotel, 2 weeks ago. This is a small hotel, 8 beautiful and accommodating suites, fully equipped, free wifi, well kept, extra clean and perfectly located. I am a Montrealer, now living out of town. I know the city, and, yessss... it is perfectly located for out-of-towners who want to be in walking distance of many great attractions, without the noise, the traffic and the commercial hotel greeting.

Turgay, the manager and owner is amazing. I am now retired of 30 years in the hotel business, and, never, ever, have I been greeted in such a way. It was one of my best HOTEL experience ever. When you climb into this hotel (and yes, it involves climbing up a beautifully set staircase to reach the main desk), you are greeted by your name, because you are expected. I was offered different types of suites, and welcomed to visit all of them, my luggage was taken care of, and the uneasy parking was made practical with my host taking me around the block.

It is not a new building, it is an old one kept young. The skylight in the main staircase makes it interesting, no matter the time of day. Accommodations are very clean.

The famous Cora breakfast place that used to occupy the ground floor is no longer there. It has been replaced by Turgay's sister. She owns an opperates the ground floor restaurant. The Hotel offers a great package deal (a brother-sister deal): full hot breakfast for $5.00/pers. Great greeting, fantastic service, perfect brakfast food, and so so so convenient.

On Sunday morning, Turgay was not there. A well deserved day OFF. The gentleman at the desk was just as warm as his boss. When we asked for a late check-out, he offered an hour more than we needed.

If and when I need to overnight in the city, or for anyone from out of town who needs a weekend stay, a getaway of a week, or a longer stay for business or access to McGill or UQAM... Look no further. This is THE destination.

Room Tip: all rooms are great!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lou1111Montreal
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

My husband and I stayed for 2 days and were very impressed with the level of service from the reservation to the checkout. The personalized service was outstanding.
The rooms were recently renovated and everything was very clean.
We were also impressed by how quiet the hotel was ; with only 8 or so rooms there is much less hustle and bustle than a busy hotel and it felt like we had the place to ourselves.
Having a full grocery store and pharmacy a few hundred feet down the street was a huge plus.
Also having a restaurant next door was very convenient. We were also able to enjoy snacks in our room and keep things fresh in the fridge.
We will definitely return!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed here one night and were very impressed with the charm and style of our room -- it was a good-sized suite (king suite) with access to a balcony. The room had very high ceilings, and original mouldings, reflecting the Old Montreal charm. The bed was very comfortable, sheets were of high quality, the kitchenette and bathroom had good quality and nice appliances and features. The staff was AMAZINGLY friendly and helpful -- we felt very well taken care of. The living room had a desk, couch (not the most comfortable but serviceable), and a large flat-screen tv. One drawback: the rooms are all up one very long flight of stairs, and no elevator (yet). Even though I have bad knees, I would stay here again. Great location for McGill and the Plateau, with Starbucks and Second Cup across the street, and a nice restaurant (owner's sister) on main floor of hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business