“Good experience friendly staff”
Review of Parc Suites Hotel

Parc Suites Hotel
Ranked #26 of 166 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel was nicely decorated. It had all the emenities that I required. Was in walking distance to a lot of places, such as shopping and the metro.
I wasn't too fond of the parking lot, but it was ok.
I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: there was no restaurant or swimming pool in the hotel. Lots of stairs.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank KarenSteveAB

Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I spent three nights and four days at Parc Du Suites. We found the staff and management to be very pleasant and helpful. The rooms are clean and the hotel (albeit not very easy to locate) is in walking distance to nearly everything. The first floor rooms are designed like small apartments (stove, kitchen utensils, regular size refrigerator, etc.). Again, all these appliances are relatively clean.

Parc Suites Hotel has free parking available, but it is important to book on the site. However, the hotel doesn’t come with any other amenities such as: fitness, bar/lounge, pool/hot-tub. I’d say, this hotel is ideal for couples and perhaps small families. Also, the parking lot is in an alley way, but the management is helpful in showing you where to park.

There is a 24/7 grocery store, convenient store and many restaurants within walking distance that are all very close to the hotel entrance. The closest Metro connection is at the Center of Arts, which is only a two blocks away. Definitely a bonus we felt.

Technically, there is no first floor. When you walk into the entrance there is a set of stairs that takes you to the upstairs lobby. The hotel is quiet, but the front desk is very close to all the rooms on the first floor and if there is housekeeping, your room is open for view (i.e., personal belongings) until the housekeeper is done. Again, this may not be a concern for everyone, but I feel it is worth mentioning.

My husband and I would definitely stay there again. There are homeless people around – however – Montreal is a large city. We also did a lot of walking around and didn’t feel the outside hotel atmosphere was any different than anywhere else. As in any city and if you are a visitor, just be cautious of all of people.

We definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: You want to choose a third floor room for more privacy.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The small doorway between a restaurant and a grocery is deceiving. This hotel is a beautiful gem! The hotel is beautiful inside, extremely clean and comfortable. The owner and hotel staff is the best I have seen, insisting on carrying your luggage to and from your vehicle. They offered free calls to the United States so we could talk with our loved ones back home. It is only about a 2-3 minute walk to the subway system which was a big plus for me and my daughter. The restaurant next door was delicious. To top it off it is reasonably priced. If I stay in Montreal in the future I will be staying at Parc Suites Hotel.

Room Tip: All hotel rooms included a kitchenette with refrigerator, counter, dishes, sink. The larger rooms a...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Me, my wife and daughter travelled from Sweden and stayed for a week. The purpose of the trip was to visit our son who is a student at Montreal polytechnique.

The suite was in perfect state, well maintained. And clean. The bedroom has a large bed with very good comfort. Out daughter used the sofa bed, which would have been adequate for two.

The kitchen was well equipped, the wifi was free, fast and worked fine at all times. We had a room facing the street, with a nice view of the mountain. The street noice did not disturb us.

In my opinion the hotel is very well placed, 1,5 blocks to the metro, one more block to the main dowtown shopping street, about two blocks to McGill. Short walk or metro trip to the old town.

As some other reviews have pointed out there are some homless people moving around on the street, but no more than on any other street in Montreal. The surroundings felt perfectly safe. We did however not visit the car park. We did use a rental car for one day (Discount rental about 3 blocks away). And parked it on the street over night before returning it. It was easy to find parking.

I am normally not bothering about service level of staff at hotels, but here we met a team that gave us warm welcome, pointed out just the right things about the area, ex. The super market nex door, nearby restaurants etc. Helped us with the luggage (the stairs is the only downside i can think of). Perfect and friendly service.

We will definitely chose this hotel again, and recomend it.

Room Tip: We had room no. 5. This is on top floor, more stairs, but probably less noise from others going up t...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed in room 8 with a college buddy on my first trip (and his second) to the city. Cozy, but plenty of space, and comfortable beds. Location is convenient to McGill, social scene on Boul. Ste. Laurent. Short walk to Old Montreal. Staff - especially Turgay was very warm and friendly - and let us borrow DVDs from the hotel collection. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Lots of morning sunshine in room 8.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Parc Suites for three nights while in Montreal. The host and hostess were gracious and helpful. The room was contemporary and comfortable; wonderfully comfortable bed! Within walking distance to great restaurants and shopping, there were also two great coffee/breakfast shops across the street. There is a flat screen TV with a dvd player for nights in; very handy
Recommended highly!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Impeccably clean, choice accomodations, personal experience. It's like a bed and breakfast but you make your own breakfast or get Crepes downstairs. The rest of the reviews speak enoug about the convenience, I'm just posting because the owner left a good impression on me.

• Stayed: March 2013