“Excellent Boutique Hotel - Spacious, Clean & Great Value”
Review of Parc Suites Hotel

Parc Suites Hotel
Ranked #19 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Toronto
“Excellent Boutique Hotel - Spacious, Clean & Great Value”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I travel to Montreal several times a month and have been trying to find a clean boutique hotel at a good value in a central location. I have definitely found it. Parc Suites is an intimate hotel because it only has 8 suites. I have stayed in 3 of the 8 suites and can say that each one is incredibly spacious, clean with all the amenities (including high speed Internet). The beds are very comfortable and there is no street noise. The hotel is very close to a grocery store so it is easy to cook a homemade meal in the suite and feel like it is a home away from home. The owner and staff are very kind and accommodating and there is parking around back. I cannot say enough positive things about the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My daughter and I really enjoyed staying here. . We were looking for a place with 2 sleeping areas, a kitchen and some character that was easy to get to and from on public transit. Parc Suites is full of charm and lovely artsy decor, not like an antiseptic overpriced hotel room . The kitchen was well-equipped and the staff were always helpful and generous. It is close to the University, to the hill, and a 5-minute bus ride from the subway. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for a non-smoking room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Turgay, the owner welcomed me on arrival, and saw me off on departure. He has pride in the establishment, and in the guest's experience, and I would definitely seek out this place again next time I'm in Montreal! Value and location for the money are great!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Whilst probably out of the hotel's control, being met at the modest entrance by three homeless men begging for money wasn't the best welcome. However, staff were very pleasant and helped with our every need throughout our stay. The facilities were clean and neat, but our room had a very potent stench of cigarettes, trying to be hidden by a powerful incense burner. The bed was very comfortable and the room very nice.
The location of the hotel was great for exploring but again it's facade let it down. Hidden between two run down diners, and a regular jaunt for beggars really fell short of my expectations.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lauren R
HotelownerMontreal, General Manager at Parc Suites Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback. Your feedback is very valuable to us and is the way in which we measure our effort to provide superior service and accommodations to our guests.
I was so sorry to read about your experience. Please accept my apologies. We are absolutely a 100% smoke free property and have a strict policy about that. I want you to make sure that we would have been more than happy to move your room and assist you if we were informed about the issue. As a non smoker myself, I am aware of how unpleasant smoke odor can be. Therefore, I always try to inform our guests about the smoking policy of our hotel as soon as they arrive since it is totally unfair to the hotel as well as subsequent guests even if a single guests smokes in a non- smoking hotel.
I personally investigated the smoke smell at the day of your stay and learned that the guests who was staying in your room a few days, smoked inside the room at that day and even though our cleaning personnel put their best efforts to clean the room it wasn’t enough to completely eliminate the smell . Fixing a non-smoking room that had been smoked in is a time-consuming process involving filters and special cleaner. We have to do extra cleaning of the carpet, curtains as well as furniture in that situation to bring the room back to perfectly fresh condition.
This king of smoking in the room problem doesn’t happen very often, it happens maybe once a two years.
I do apologize for this inconvenience and I would be grateful if you would contact me, or one of the customer services team, so we may have the opportunity to try our hardest to make it up to you. You can contact us by email at info@parcsuites.com or by telephone .1800 949 86 30 the satisfaction of our customers is the most important.
We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Turgay Demirdogan
General manager
Vancouver
Reviewed March 1, 2013

It's hard to fathom why this modest hotel is rated so highly. Suites have been renovated nicely and location is handy to McGill. Beds are certainly comfortable but sofa bed in one suite was poor. We had two suites because the suite we were given the first two night reeked of cigarette smoke. It took considerable discussion to be moved to a better suite for the second two nights of our stay. Our second night was disturbed by a very loud party upstairs. So while value is okay and suites pleasant enough, high rating is very perplexing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank R T
Dear Valued Guests,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. It is really appreciated. We're really sorry for the noise problem that you had at the day of your stay. We are a small boutique hotel and all our guests choose our hotel to have a peaceful stay in a clean, cozy and quiet environment. I wish we had been informed about the noise issue. We would have been more than happy to inform our other guests about the complaint and do our best to let you enjoy your stay in a perfect condition. Our customer's satisfaction and comfort is paramount, so in the future, please don't hesitate about asking --we're only here to make your stay incredible.
Please accept my apology on behalf of our guest who caused the noise. I would be grateful if you would contact me, or one of the customer services team, so we may have the opportunity to try our hardest to make it up to you. You can contact us by email at info@parcsuites.com or by telephone 1800 949 8630 the satisfaction of our guests is the most important.
We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Turgay Demirdogan
General manager
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed February 13, 2013

perfect setting and you feel at home ,see review bi FlyerByNight. small but user frendly kitchen dinette.two televisions .one in bedroom,one in living room .nice deck with view of mountain and cross.super clean ,modern bathroom in an older setting ,can t wait to go back.

Room Tip: you must walk uo 31 stairs to acces your suite so not for elderly persons.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank robert d
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed there for one night when I was in Montreal for a meeting and loved the studio. Everything was spotless and more than adequate for a shower and a great night's sleep. Bathroom was immaculate, had all necessary toiletries and towels, and even hair dryer and shower caps. Bed was comfortable, closet perfectly set up for winter boots and coats. Did not use the kitchen but seemed to be very well set-up for meals and cooking. Wifi was free and fast in the room.

Front desk person was very nice and helpful. Location can't be beat--close to McGill, coffee shops and restaurants, hospitals, etc.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business