“Ellada - A Greek restaurant to avoid at all costs!”
Review of Restaurant Ellada - CLOSED

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Ellada Restaurant located at 9030 Acadie is to be avoided at all costs.

Myself and some friends attended a dinner party there the weekend of June 15th, 2012 and it was the worst culinary experience I had since I decided to reheat week old dominoes pizza.

Where do I begin? For starters the restaurant is nestled in an industrial park with beautiful views of the Canadian Tire parking lot and a rusty metallic garbage container. The AC was barely working on a hot summer day and we all felt like we were in a Turkish bath.

The staff looked like a group of gypsies who barely understand either of Quebec's official languages and would give you a deer in the headlights look when asked simple questions/requests like 'can I get more water?' or "my date has heatstroke please open a window".

The bread was stale and the entrees (friend zucchinies, tarama and tzatziki) were drenched in salt.

The greek salad was sad too look at as it contained mainly lettuce and a few lonely tomato slices drenched in way too much oil.

The grilled meat platter looked like roadkill and tasted even worse. Aside from when we sat down no one came to see us to ask for alcohol or wine (and lord if there ever was a time when I needed a drink).

Between the stifling heat, bad service (half the table got their plates served while the other half would have to tackle a waiter to get his attention), enough salt on everything to give me a kidney stone, and the stunning vistas of a grey concrete parking lot I can safely say that I will never eat at Ellada again.

8  Thank John V

Reviewed May 10, 2012

Great homemade bread to start. That was a good sign to come for the rest of the lunch. Great salads and fish at a reasonable price.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

We presently had our company Christmas Party on Dec. 17, 2011 and it was fabulous!! The ambiance was warm and pleasant. The waiters and waitresses were polite and the service was good.
The D.J. was fantastic as well. He played Greek and contemporary music. We danced the night away and had a splendid time! Most of the people from our group are not Greek and they found that it was quite lovely and enjoyable to see people dancing to Greek music while eating. Everyone had a magnificent time and they would definitely go again. Great D.J.!!
The food was excellent and everyone seemed to have enjoyed it. The grilled meat and vegetable platters were excellent; the bread, zucchini and eggplant chip entrees were to die for. The honey puff (Loukoumades) dessert was excellent as well, very fresh and delicious!
I highly recommend this restaurant and definitely would go again!!
Thanks to Nick and all staff members for their outstanding work as it was definitely an excellent time! See you soon!!

1  Thank Dina D
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We just fell in love with this place. We live in the Ahuntsic area and really good restaurants are hard to come by in this area. Finally a place near home where we can really enjoy ourselves and have really outstanding quality.

We are definitely coming back with our friends and family.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

My boyfriend and I went to this restaurant on August 21,2011,Sunday. The service was not so good because they forgot to give the bread. We had to ask for it. The waiter was not that attentive towards us, only when he took our order,brought the food and water and during our meal he asked if the food was good. Should I have said "No, my stuffed squids were warm and cold and the red peppers tastes like vinegar as if they took them out a pickled jar and put them on top of the squid. That cost $16.00. The food was not hot. I think they put it in the microwave because the tails of the squids were very chewy and hard. The ambiance was good but the music was too loud. There was a party going on.
I do not believe events should take place with customers trying to have a romantic dinner. The food was too expensive for the quality it should be. At the end we paid the bill and gave a 17% tip to the waiter and he did not look like he was overwhelmed. I do not think I will be going there again. There are better greek restaurants elsewhere.

2  Thank Egyptian20