“Outstanding and creative food!”
Review of L'Aromate

L'Aromate
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Aromate is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #557 of 5,927 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Cross street: Metclafe
Description: Au ceour meme de la vie urbaine de Montreal, rue de Maisonneuve Ouest, coin Metcalfe, laissez migrer votre plaisir. Le jour, pour les gens d'affaires, un bar-bistro rythme et convivial; le soir, un bar-resto chaleureux juste assez anime pour qui adore s'impregner d'un veritable esprit fraternel. De plus, la gamme de produits L'Aromate, integree a notre savoir-faire culinaire, vous est maintenant proposee au bistro dans la section epicerie fine; sans oublier des produits fins gourmets, du pret a emporter jusqu'au service de traiteur. Dorenavant, savourez le menu du Bistro L'Aromate : de notre table d'hote a la votre. At the heart of urban Montreal, Bistro L'Aromate is a friendly bar-bistro during the day for the local business and a lively bar-restaurant during the evening. Come enjoy the range of products L'Aromate has to offer and experience our culinary expertise.
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I selected L'Aromate for a business lunch, and I am so happy I did. The table d'hote at lunch offers great selection for a reasnoable price, given that this is a moderate to higher-end restaurant. Nearly everything on the menu looked interesting, and each of the three members of my party had fun deciding what to have. We were each thrilled with our choice. The food was inventively plated, and tasted as good as it looked. I had the duck confit linguinie, which was outstanding. The dishes were creative without being pretentious, and all of the ingredients used clearly had a purpose. The atmosphere was nice but not too formal, perfect for a lesurely business lunch. The restaurant was busy when we arrived, but it was not too loud. I'd love to try their dinner menu. Will definitely go back. The p

Reviewed February 27, 2014

When I am in Montreal I enjoy restaurants where I can eat dinner at the bar. L'Aromate is one of those restaurants. The people in Montreal are always friendly and at L" Aromate a couple seated next to me struck up a conversation. I decided to dine at L' Armote in part because the menu included many items I would not get at home. I asked for advice on what to order and was told the Beef Tartare was one of the specialties. I would have never ordered it on my own. I thought it was very good. The wine was also very good. I will likely go back on a future trip.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Mid term Business meeting with my boss and the rep from Vancouver. We went for lunch to L'Aromate and we all took different dishes and I must say each dish was very original in a me and exceptionally tasty for all of us.
I had the salmon tartar with Spanish caviar and line infused fennel, plain yogurt fennel and Nordic shrimp salad shrimp cream and fennel pollen.

Well I died and went to heaven! Omg it was absolutely delicious and had so many taste buds going on it was truly a treat! Just loved it.

Every time I go to this restaurant I try something different and they have as of yet not disappointed me nor has the service been disappointing either.
In the summer they have a beautiful outdoor sitting area with couches and lovely sitting area and I have also eaten outdoors in the summer in this amazing restaurant

I highly recommend you try it!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Although the food was good, it was not great. The selection of beer was poor, though the selection of wine was OK. The dessert I had (sugar pie) was not like any I have ever had - again, nice, but it was not a real sugar pie and was not exceptional.

Music was too loud, tables were crowded together and service was just OK. We had to chase the wait staff for anything we needed (cutlery!) and they were difficult to catch.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Nice restaurant with a patio on a busy street downtown. But they've done a great job with the decor that you forget you're on a busy corner downtown. Excellent menu with a lot of variety and lovely wine list. Very professional service.