“Great Restaurant”
Review of Vertige

Vertige
Reserve with OpenTable
Vertige is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 6,036 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French, Fusion
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Cross street: av. de Chateaubriand
Description: For more than 10 years, Vertige has been offering afordable fine dining on Montreal's famous Duluth street. Chef Thierry Baron's menu promotes culinary discoveries through a variety of small to medium sized plates, putting his own spin on urban cuisine with both french and mediterranean influences. Make sure to visit us on our special tapas nights every tuesdays, wednesdays and thursdays, and enjoy your choice of 6 TAPAS from a selection of 24 generous plates for ONLY 29$ CDN!
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Decided to try a new restaurant and was not disappointed. The food was great, the service was equally as good and the atmosphere was just right. I has the beef tartar and the Duck Magret and my wife had the scallops with a Filet Mignon. For desert we shared the "Fondant aux Chocolate". One of the owners Fabia was there and made our evening a hit.
Will definitely be going back, a true gem!

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

We made a reservation for 8 on a Friday night and were seated promptly when we arrived. We started with the black truffle arancini and escargots and then shared the land menu and the duck menu. Everything was superb. One of the best meals I've ever eaten. The service was prompt and attentive but not intrusive. Excellent value as well. They have a lovely gas fireplace that was nice during the cold snap while we visited. It was a little bit loud but overall it was exceptional.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I took my boyfriend here on a trip to Montreal for his birthday and we were both very happy with the experience. We ordered from the group menu which got us each 4 courses. The food was exquisite. I would definitely recommend the beef carpaccio, the coq au vin, and to try dessert! Our mini chocolate cake and dulce veche ice cream dessert was incredible.

The service was very friendly and the timing was perfect even though it was full. The place had a really nice vibe: the music was loud enough to hear but not too loud, the tables were spaced so you didn't feel cramped, and you can leave your coat at the door. We had a table by the window which was nice, the street it is on is cute.

Definitely check it out, I'm very glad that I did. Reservations are probably necessary but they use OpenTable.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We were promptly seated with our reservation. We immediately loved the ambience, trendy but warm. Waitresses were nice. We ordered one sea discovery course and one land discovery course. Service was on the slower side but maybe thats the way to enjoy these course meals? i had to go to the counter to get the check. If I hadnt, we would have spent a total of 3 hours in there. Which is not a bad thing but I didnt have too much time to spare.

Truly a treat: salmon tartare, beef carppacio, shrimp ravioli in coconut sauce, fancy meatballs with hummus and greens. All perfectly seasoned and delightfully flavored. Wife ordered 6 escargole which was a neat experience.

Main courses were delicious too, though we were fairly full by then and wishing for a little less salt and butter in our veal and scallop dishes. But on their own they are really good dishes as well. Really tender veal chop.

Overall: we went for the course meal and loved what we got. Would I go back? Yes, after trying a few other places too, and saving up some money. Would I recommend this to a first timer friend? for sure.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Got this restaurant from Trip Advisor and it was wonderful! Clearly a neighborhood place, it was cozy and friendly. I tried the Sea Menu and each course was tasty and well prepared. While each course wasn't large, I was quite satisfied by the meal's end, with room for dessert! i will definitely return and recommend to friends.