“Tapas Tuesday!”
Review of Vertige

Vertige
Reserve with OpenTable
Vertige is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 6,036 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French, Fusion
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Cross street: av. de Chateaubriand
Description: For more than 10 years, Vertige has been offering afordable fine dining on Montreal's famous Duluth street. Chef Thierry Baron's menu promotes culinary discoveries through a variety of small to medium sized plates, putting his own spin on urban cuisine with both french and mediterranean influences. Make sure to visit us on our special tapas nights every tuesdays, wednesdays and thursdays, and enjoy your choice of 6 TAPAS from a selection of 24 generous plates for ONLY 29$ CDN!
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

This evening was my boyfriend and I's first time trying this restaurant. The waitress was nice, but the service was not very attentive. However, considering the number of people this was expected. As for the food, it was splendid. We opted for the tapas menu (offered every Tuesday and Wednesday). For 29$ per person you get to choose 3 starters and 3 mains. The only was that I wasn't too fond of was the tomato velouté. I particularly enjoyed the mushroom agnolotti, the lobster balls, the grilled chicken and THE DUCK CONFIT!!! The only downfall was that we didn't leave full. I would definitely go back, just not on a completely empty stomach.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Went with a group of ladies for a bachelorette party dinner- Did the prix fixe menu and it was really a value- 3 courses, all of which were excellent, and a really fun atmosphere for a group. I would definitely recommend!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

on a Tuesday or Wednesday, for the "tapas" menu that lets you sample much of the a la carte menu. $29 per person, and you each get to choose three starters and three mains; as a party of three we sampled 16 different dishes, and only the butternut squash veloute disappointed (bland and a bit greasy.) The rest -- expecially the scallops, the veal tongue and the sweetbreads -- were all delicious. Service was attentive and friendly. Good wine list too.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We had the mozzarella tart, scallops and the mixed grill for two. With a$65 bottle of wine we paid $200 cad and it was well worth it. Seriously, one of the best meals I've had in awhile. Highly recommend...

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I went recently in a party of 4 male and female colleagues. 2 of the party were bilingual which I'm not and that helped to tease out some of the refinements of the more unusual items on the menu. Our waitress was from France and was very knowledgeable about the menu - none of us were wine connoisseurs, so I can't comment on that. We went on Thursday night and the restaurant was pleasantly busy with most tables occupied - our table was reserved. We didn't go for the fixed menu as we wanted to try some different things. I started with a combo of hot and cold fois gras - magnificent! Fois gras is not really my thing but this really was good. Then I had the veal bavette - this is a cut of flank that is unusual for veal and has to be marinated and then cooked just right to get the balance of flavour and texture - too easily done wrong for most restaurants. Subtly garnished with vegetables and sweet potato mash (?) - it was really great. Colleagues had the duck breast magret served on a bed of polenta and a fish main course - all considered excellent. The wine was good. The waitress attentive without being obtrusive. I finished with a cappuccino - this was the only thing I thought was substandard - perhaps it too was "typical French" and my palate is too accustomed to Italian or American styles but I really didn't like it and I'm an avid coffee drinker. Definitely recommended.