“Great Tapas Menu!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Vertige

Vertige
Reserve with OpenTable
Vertige is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 5,679 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Cross street: av. de Chateaubriand
Description: For more than 10 years, Vertige has been offering afordable fine dining on Montreal's famous Duluth street. Chef Thierry Baron's menu promotes culinary discoveries through a variety of small to medium sized plates, putting his own spin on urban cuisine with both french and mediterranean influences. Make sure to visit us on our special tapas nights every tuesdays, wednesdays and thursdays, and enjoy your choice of 6 TAPAS from a selection of 24 generous plates for ONLY 29$ CDN!
Fonthill, Canada
“Great Tapas Menu!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

First, this restaurant is on a fun street full of restaurants. We enjoyed their Tapas menu and were so happy we did. It's a great way to be able to try their food and not feel like you'll miss out on something! Great selection and you are full when done! The food was absolutely wonderful. A must try restaurant for anyone that appreciates great food!

Visited March 2012
3 Thank GandA_travel

Montreal, Canada
“One of my favourite places to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have eaten at Vertige a couple of times and feel that I can give it a fair review. It is excellent.

The food is wonderful, the service has always been great and I have gone with large groups on two occasions. No one has ever left hungry or let down in any way.

Now, the owners are typically busting their butts in the kitchen and on the dining floor and you can see that all the employees work very hard. Like at any busy restaurant there can be moments where you need an extra minute to get served but overall the service is great.

The food is amazing, the fois gras is sublime, the duck confit, osso buco and anything else I have tried there has been delicious. They also have a very nice wine list to help wash down your meal.

At the moment there is a lot of construction ( as in all parts of Montreal) so if you can take a taxi and avoid looking for parking you are better off doing so - you can also enjoy your wine this way.

Definitely a great place to eat regularly if you live in Montreal and a great place eat if you are visiting.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Matt F
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Terrible service, we felt a bit discriminated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

After reading the great reviews I invited my in-laws and husband to have dinner at Vertige. We did reservations and arrived on time. We are all latin americans, and we were all speaking in spanish. The waitress never brought us water. Then, at the time of ordering, somebody (perhaps the owner, a woman in her forties) was annoyed because we did some questions about the menu. The food was normal, nothing special. As the waiters ignored us, we decided not to order dessert. When the bill came, and we were preparing to pay, the same lady who had earlier rolled her eyes when asked two or three things on the menu, began to explain us "how the tips worked in this country". I felt really sad, I was embarrassed . Of course I know how the tips work in "this country"! she treated us like if we were ignorants . I felt that we were not given the same treatment they gave to the other diners. I Never ever plan to return to this racist place and do not recommend it.

• Visited October 2011
3 Thank Tatiana A
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Wonderful restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

We went to this newly refurbished restaurant last night purely by chance and had the loveliest evening due to the fabulous menu, food, wine, waitress service and lovely owner of the restaurant. The menu had so many options; you could eat a la carte or go for a very reasonable tasting menu or even choose an entree a la carte, add $10 and have a starter, dessert and coffee.

The new decor is superb. It is modern yet romantic. It would be a perfect place for a romantic meal but also for a group and family eating out. The front of the restaurant is open in the summer so you can experience the ambiance of the bustling street full of restaurants.

There are a lot of restaurants on Duluth Est but if I lived in Montreal I would go to Vertige every time. I come from London but currently live in Washington DC and this surpasses a lot of popular restaurants I have been to in both cities in my opinion.

• Visited July 2012
Kingston, NY
“Sublime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were aiming to go to the way too popular Au Pied du Cochon next door, and when we couldn't get a table we ended up at Vertige, which was much quieter, more intimate, and really delicious. The Pork Osso Buco was amazing as were the escargot. The service was quite attentive. The molten chocolate cake for dessert was superb. The Table d'hote menu was a great value. It's not really fair to compare it to APDC next door, but if I had to choose, I must say I would chose Vertige because the atmosphere is much more tranquil and the selection of food and wine is excellent.

• Visited June 2012