“Tribute to Burger Week”

Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Tribute to Burger Week”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

When my father told me last week that there was such a thing as Burger Week, and that it was actually happening right now, I thought it would be the perfect excuse to finally dine out and satisfy my burger cravings after a tough first week back at school. My father appropriately decided that we should eat at m:brgr, a casual yet refined restaurant located in the Golden Square Mile.
WHAT WE ATE : two kobe beef burgers with fried onions, tomatoes goat/monterrey jack cheese and bacon, one "petit zak" burger with a fried egg, a regular AAA beef patty rapped in lettuce topped with portobello mushrooms and monterrey jack, one bowl of fried stuff and finally a giant cookie for desert.
We were impressed with the variety of toppings that were offered, ranging from goat cheese to foie gras. Basically, you pick your meat, bun (and yes, it's possible to have it wrapped in lettuce!) and cheese/toppings if you desire them. You can also get a side dish for a few dollars. The burgers come with a truffle aioli on the side.
The burgers all had distinctive flavors that fulfilled the demands for fat and salt of our taste buds. While the AAA beef had a BBQ smokiness to it, the kobe beef patties had a natural beef taste to them and a tenderness that could not be matched. You can also have a pulled pork burger if you don't feel for beef.
The service was quick and our meal arrived about twenty minutes after we sat down. A choice of cocktails and alcoholic beverages was offered by the full bar. The waiter was pleasant and relatively attentive, but maybe a tad too personal.
The restaurant's ambiance is modern and comfortable. Don't be afraid to bring your family! The waiters are not snotty at all and the menu is definitely kid friendly.
Obviously, you must pay for quality. The addition of toppings and side dishes can inflate your bill without you really noticing. But I won't complain, because the quality of the food was up to par as was the experience.

• Visited September 2013

• Czech first
New York City, New York
“Terrific!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Terrific place with broad menu which allows you to customize your burger from start to finish. Sliders were great and each one can have a different topping to the burger so you get to try several of the interesting options. Veg options, and non-burger items too. Had terrific waiter. Will certainly go back the next time we're in Montreal.

• Visited August 2013
Jacksonville, Fl
“We went twice--second time not quite as good”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Our first visit was late afternoon -- not a rushed time. Had fantastic burger and fries and great service. It was so good we went back a second day, but exactly at lunch time, and it was not quite as good as the first time, although still very good. So maybe best to avoid peak times.

Visited August 2013
Memphis
“Sliders-a must”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I love the idea of making the burger YOUR WAY. You choose the meat, the bread, condiments, etc... I ordered 3 sliders with mushrooms, horseradish sauce and it was so tasty!! My family returned a 2nd time..it was that good!!

Visited July 2013
Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Canada
“Service was a fail but food is excellent”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I went for dinner with a group of friends .. We were 12.

The food is excellent, especially the sweet potatoe fries. I am on a diet and the bartender was a great help in helping me decide what was good to eat.

Our waiter at our table was ok. He wasn't too attentive and we never got water so I ate a burger without drinking .. Not a great feeling. I guess it's because they automatically add 18% instead of the standard 15%. Camie was our waiter and I was disappointed ... I've been to this resto several times and it was a disappointment with the service.

• Visited July 2013