“Service was a fail but food is excellent”
Review of MBRGR - CLOSED

MBRGR
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Canada
“Service was a fail but food is excellent”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I went for dinner with a group of friends .. We were 12.

The food is excellent, especially the sweet potatoe fries. I am on a diet and the bartender was a great help in helping me decide what was good to eat.

Our waiter at our table was ok. He wasn't too attentive and we never got water so I ate a burger without drinking .. Not a great feeling. I guess it's because they automatically add 18% instead of the standard 15%. Camie was our waiter and I was disappointed ... I've been to this resto several times and it was a disappointment with the service.

• Czech first
København
“Hyped burger”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

They sell themselves on ourmet burgers and the prices follows. However, the quality didn't match the price unfortunately, cause the idea about being able to create your own burger is nice. The bun is boring and they use the grill spice that makes the burger taste like something you get at burger king although the meat is better. Generally I am pretty sure you can get the same burger at a much better price many other places.

• Visited July 2013
“Nice atmosphere ruined by overpriced burgers out of the freezer”
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I am from Montreal and therefore know a lot of good restaurants in the city. I went to this place because I was in the mood for a burger and was in the area. I had been once before and had a decent experience.

This particular time I went I was furious at how bad my experience was. I am ashamed as a Montreal to have this as a restaurant in my city. Yes it's trendy and a fun spot but the burgers are really bad and VERY expensive! They don't even ask you how you want your burger cooked. I wouldn't pay 5$ for the 25$ burger I paid for. I literally felt sick after. The beef tasted like low quality crap! I'm sure their 100$ burger is far different but when your spending 25$ on a burger I expect a very good burger.

I know places in Montreal where burger are 5-10$ are way way way better.

• Visited August 2012
Markham
“Pulled Pork”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Visited this restaurant on July 5. Even at 9.30 pm the restaurant was doing a booming business. Ate outside on the patio (facing Drummond Street) that holds about 20 people. The pulled pork on a bun was AWESOME, the sauce had a bit of a nip but meat was piled high. The sandwich was $18 including a small side of coleslaw and the sweet potatoe fries $5.00. Food was hot and service was prompt and friendly. Will definitely be returning here on future visits.

Chicago
“Cute spot for lunch downtown”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Finding a place to eat lunch in downtown Montreal on a weekend is hard enough. Finding a good place is really hard. This is as good as you're likely to do. We had scrambled eggs with goat cheese on potato pancakes and a yogurt parfait. Not the burgers this place is known for but both good entries in their category. We felt happy to have avoided a tourist trap and have had a tasty lunch at a local hangout.

Visited July 2013