“IT IS A SUPER RESTAURANT!”
Review of Chez Paesano

Chez Paesano
Ranked #2,545 of 5,719 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Quartier des Spectacles
Montreal, Canada
“IT IS A SUPER RESTAURANT!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have been to Chez Paesano a couple of times since discovering it about a month ago - it is consistently good. Very Good. As a media person I find myself often eating out and I am so glad I found this little gem on St. Denis in Montreal.

The service was excellent each time. We had everything from salad, the pepper steak, a couple of shrimp dishes, escargot. The first time we went, we returned after the show I was reviewing for more desert!

The restaurant is small which adds to its charm - but it is hidden away on top of another restaurant, so you need to look out for it.

I have recommended Chez Paesano to colleagues and they, too, have enjoyed it thoroughly - Great food, lovely ambience and super service!

• Visited September 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Avoid”
Reviewed June 29, 2011

We spent $80 on a veal Marsala dish that tasted like maple syrup and a manicotti dish with a bland, soupy sauce. Caesar salad was void of character or flavor. What a disappointment for our first meal in Montreal.

1 Thank Lisagrek
lindseyflorida
“Avoid at all costs”
Reviewed May 25, 2009

We had lunch at Chez Paesano and we were seated inside but under the direct sun light. Also the table was at a lower level than the street. collecting a lot of dust from the street since the windows were all open.
The food was not hot and we ordered a flan for dessert, that was not home made (same as the ones you buy on a box on the supermarket and prepare in less than 5 minutes). In addition to all of that the waiter charged us almost 20% service fee (2 people only in the restaurant) and said " the tip is included in the bill". In short if you want good food and dessert and some respect don't go to the Chez Paesano. There are a lot of other Italian restaurants around with better quality and "surprisingly" cheaper.

2 Thank lindseyflorida
allovertheworld
“Nice resturant on St-Denis”
Reviewed November 24, 2008

this resturant is was great, the waiter recommended the VEAL PORTO it was great , what a signature plate. Thank you so much Vincent. Definatly come back when in town.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“my worst restaurant experience. never again! tourist trap!!!”
Reviewed February 17, 2008

my worst restaurant experience. never again! tourist trap!!!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook