“Not Enough Flavor for Us But GREAT SUNSET!”
Review of Portus Calle

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Jewish Quarter
Cross street: Rachel
Reviewed August 29, 2016

Beautfiul, large revolving restaurant. A fun place for an occasion or if you're new to Montreal.

The food is prepared perfectly but most of the dishes lacked flavor. Don't get me wrong - there was nothing wrong with the professionally executed food. The chef is either very easy on salt and spice or Portuguese food is incredibly boring.

They were out of the endive salad that sounded tasty and also a dessert we wanted. That's always disappointing. We had an "Asparagus salad" which was really a pile of ham and cheese on a bed of aspargus wisps - not great for the vegetarian at our table! Too bad the server never mentioned the ham or cheese.

It's a VERY large place and we were there on a busy Friday night so service was not terrific but the server was warm and friendly. Dinner took close to 3 HOURS and we only had one bottle of wine and three courses. I was starving in between courses and getting very antsy waiting for dessert.

Would I go back? Maybe for a drink and tapas at sunset

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed June 29, 2016

I do not understand why it seems to be a place where to go. The food was correct but not WOW and the prices were WOW expensive. The service was forgettable to say the least. The food was not at all at the level we expected since we go to many restaurants around the world in a year. Overreated to my taste and my credit card.

Reviewed June 17, 2016 via mobile

Four felt like too much and 3 not enough. I was a bit dusapointed sunce restaurant Helena is so good. I was kind if expecting the same but it's not. Portions are generous, which is not what I was looking for. Food was good but not great. Reataurant decor was ok but by any means great. View are spectacular tho. Over all an average restaurant, too pricey for my taste.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed May 21, 2016 via mobile

Placed moved. Now it is in the top of the old DELTA HOTEL.

Off all the places my brother in law wanted to come to, he picked Portus CAILLE.

It was way to expensive, but the desert was the best!

The best part was the VIEW! We are on a circular platform turning and you get to see everything and it is really nice at night!

We tried the "tasting" menu. The portions were way too small and way to salty!

The service way s-l-O-w but the waiters are happy to be there and excited to explain everything to you and give you your food.

Come for the view but if you were to come, come as a couple! It is peaceful and enjoyable for two people!

The desert was incredible 2!!!!!!

Coffee good and Wine was not bad.

Overall ok? But way to expensive for what it is. Better places out there.

1  Thank petertherock1971
Reviewed May 20, 2016

As of the beginning of May, 2016 the restaurant has moved and is now named Portus 360 located at the top of the EVO building. It is now a revolving restaurant.

2  Thank DavidS60745