“Great Variety for breakfast/brunch” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of L'Evidence

L'Evidence
Ranked #742 of 5,656 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Canadian, International
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Victoria, Canada
“Great Variety for breakfast/brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I went to l'evidence with some girlfriends this past weekend for brunch. We were promptly seated, but then it took some time to actually have a waiter greet us and take our order. In fact, our waiter seemed to forget us a few times, but his charm and kindness made up for that fact. Generally a great vibe to the restaurant and when I looked around every one seemed to be smiling and happy with their meals. The menu is large enough to offer a lot of different options without being completely overwhelming. I had a hard time deciding because everything sounded delicious. In the end my girlfriends and I all settled on different types of french toast. The girls enjoyed their fruity varieties and I found my bacon and cheddar version a lovely blend of sweet and salty. That being said, I feel like I could have made the dish myself at home. The eggs Benedict that I saw served to the table across from us on the other hand would not have been as easily recreated and will be what I order the next time I go to l'evidence. All around, good variety, nice servers, excellent vibe and fairly good value. Definitely recommended.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Montreal, Canada
“Excellent Service, Great Food & Knowledgeable Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

On our recent visit on Thursday this week, we had the immense pleasure of being served and entertained by Derek. He was courteous, attentive and made some excellent suggestions on what we should order or not. He was also extremely accommodating of my daughter's condition of being extremely lactose intolerant. Kudos to you Derek, we felt like royalty and were very well treated. The food was excellent, the calamari's both tender and properly cooked. The escargots were made in cheese (our fault for not asking prior to ordering), the filet mignon tender and properly cooked, all vegetables were fresh, colorful and tasty. All in all, this birthday celebration for 6 was a great experience and we will certainly go back often. Hint.... Derek is not only very bilingual, but he has a wonderful and cheerful disposition that makes you feel at home immediately. Chapeau Derek, nous avions ete bien servi... en grand merci...

• Visited December 2012
Montreal
“Great Eggs Beni with lots of fresh fruit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We often walk up from the village to this local resto on a Sunday afternoon for breakfast and it is always great. We try other places for our little Sunday get away and we keep coming back to this unpretentious mostly locals hang out. The breakfast dishes are well prepared with very generous portions, good quality and good value and there is always lots of different fruit piled high on the plate. For us it is a mid day kind of resto and I can only comment on what it is like for breakfast or brunch. The place is always packed, the service ifs friendly and fast and the coffee is always good and hot and fresh. Montreal is short of restos that do a good eggs benedict and here you will not be disappointed.

• Visited October 2012
New York City, New York
“Do Brunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

We arrived in Montreal after a six hour drive and our room wasn't available yet, so we went for a stroll and decided to have lunch at one of the nice outdoor tables at L'Evidence. We noticed most people were having breakfast at 2pm, so we went with the crowd and were not disappointed. Each of our dishes were well prepared and they also put a variety of fruits on each dish which was a pleasant surprise. Prices were good and the service was friendly.

• Visited July 2012
Washington, DC
“Great and Unpretentious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

We went there because our hotel was nearby, it was late, and we had just arrived in Montreal and we were tired. We expected it to be just so-so. Boy were we wrong. The wait staff could not have been nicer. The menu was some of the freshest food I have ever tasted. We had lentil soup, risotto with duck and mushrooms, avocado and shrimp salad and a pear/apple tart for dessert. Each dish was better than the next. It was such an unexpected gem. We sat outside and watched the passers by on St. Denis--great entertainment. I would recommend this place for a neighborhood treat. When we were done, our waitress recommeded a jazz club down the street, Dieze Onse. Fantatstic! Will write a review of that too.

• Visited July 2012