“Beautiful and comfortable”

GreenLeadersGold level
Vancouver
“Beautiful and comfortable”
Reviewed April 6, 2009

Hotel and room was impeccable - great style, clean, chic, and functional. I actually stayed here twice in early 2008 and loved it both times.

Cleanliness: absolutely spotless everywhere, including the gym (which was great by the way since it had a great view and state of the art machines).

Service: polite and courteous from the front desk to the bellboy.

Location: located right in the downtown core so it was easy to walk everywhere, from St. Catherine's St to the Bell Center (which was just right across the street!).

Value: expensive but worth every penny as the rooms were just wonderful and so comfortable and stylish. Bathrobes were a great touch!

Rooms: as I've said again and again, they were just fantastic. I have never stayed at a nicer hotel and I've stayed at my share of Fairmonts and equivalent hotels.

Overall: Would return again and again and recommend it to everyone - just make sure you're willing to take a hit in the wallet!

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank azn_msfyt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Turkish first
TEXAS
Reviewed March 26, 2009

The hotel was beautiful. The service and staff was impeccable. They went out of their way to make the room perfect for my honeymoon. Claudine at the front desk is an angel and James the Valet should be the new consierge he helped us with every place we wanted to see. I would stay at the Crystal again and again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Calgary, AB
Reviewed March 24, 2009

Le Crystal is just absolutely perfect. I was there for three days with my sister and mother for a girls weekend and we have officially made it our retreat hotel in Montréal. We won’t stay anywhere else but here from now on.

First, the guest service was outstanding. The guys at the front desk were tripping over themselves to help us in an yway. Our flights arrived very early (7:30 a.m.) in Montréal so we arrived at the hotel very early. Not expecting to check in, but to leave our luggage and perhaps freshen up a little. We were provided a pass to the pool and spa on the 12th floor where we used the ladies change room to get ready for a day of shopping. When we left the front desk asked for my cell number so they could call me when our room was ready. They said it would be around 1 p.m. They called at 11:30 a.m.! We were still up on Sainte Catherine’s (which is one block away from Le Crystal). We made our way back to the hotel around 1:30 p.m. and checked in.

Our room was great. We had a superior king suite. There was a huge soaker tube in the bathroom with a nice shower complete with Suisse rain shower head. We found the room cosy and perfect for three ladies getting away for the weekend.

We visited the outdoor rooftop hot tub every day. The Jacuzzi was just the icing on the cake for this beautiful hotel. Tip: in March the sun hits the hot tub between 3 p.m. and 4 p.m.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Natalie818
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed March 22, 2009

I stayed there with 3 other friends, in one of the suites (I think the hotl only has suites... but I might be wrong). After my friend's prom, her father got us a room so we could have a good time the 4 of us together. The hotel was built in the last years and it shows. It's simplicity adds to it. The outdoor spa on the 12th floor offers a great view of the city.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
Quebec
Reviewed March 9, 2009

I got this hotel on Hotwire for a steal. It was a great hotel, location is wonderful, we walked to everything, good restos near by. Room was lovely, had the lowest category, still two rooms, two tv's, bath and shower. Did not eat in hotel, brought breakfast with us as there is a small fridge, microwave, kettle and dishes etc.

Free WIFI, great pool and hot tub area. Was very, very clean. Loved the Molton Brown toiletries. Beds and bedding were great quality.

Would stay there agin in a heartbeat. Much nicer than the Fairmont Queen Eloizabeth just up the street.

Staff were friendly and very helpful, had a few issues with the fridge and they were up fixing it in no time at all.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank bogwoppit
Ottawa
Reviewed March 4, 2009

My husband and I spent our first wedding anniversary at Hotel Le Crystal and it was amazing! Let me just tell you, this hotel is GORGEOUS! The rooms are fabulous, modern and spacious. The location of the hotel is steps away from fantastic shopping, excellent restaurants and the Bell Center. The staff are incredible, every single person working in that hotel provided top notch service! I even loved the line of bath & body products they had in the room (Molton Brown from London). The attention to detail in this hotel is evident everywhere you look.

Bond & Alex
Ottawa, ON

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MojoOttawa
western mass
Reviewed March 4, 2009

We are in Montreal at least 5 times a year and have now stayed at the Crystal at least 5 times now and I love it. Rooms are crisp and clean - very modern. I recommend it highly. Very convenient to Bell Center as well as St Catherine shopping. Breakfast in the hotel is pretty mediocre - but there are a million other places to go. Front desk staff is a little bit of the helpless "not-my-job" variety but the parking/bell desk is quite capable and friendly.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family