We decided to book Le Crystal based on the numerous great reviews on TripAdvisor and weren't disappointed. After a 6 hour drive from NYC, stepping into the intimate, scented lobby and being told that we were upgraded to a deluxe suit was a good way to start our weekend at Le Crystal.
The hotel room is well-maintained, spacious and very clean. The bathroom is almost like a spa itself - with two showerheads (one rain, another normal) and a huge soaking tub large enough to accommodate 2. We loved having the kitchenette as it allowed us to heat up leftovers from our eating adventures all over Montreal and enjoy a cup of coffee while gazing out at Montreal's skyline.
Within our 2 night stay, my husband made it his duty to swim as many times as he could at the salt water swimming pool. The room and water temperatures were kept at a warm, tropic temperature and I was almost tempted myself to take a dip.
The staff were friendly and helpful throughout our entire trip and we really enjoyed our stay at Le Crystal.
There are a few downsides to staying at this hotel though:
1) The hotel is located in the downtown area of Montreal. It is not walking distance to any major tourist attractions and a few subway stops away from majority of the good restaurants.
2) The nearest subway is 2 blocks away and is pretty deserted around 8pm at night. It is definitely not dangerous but something that a single woman will probably have to consider while making the trip.
3) Low flush toilets!
However this is just me being nit-picky and we discussed through our stay coming back for a 2nd stay next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ANNOUNCEMENT **Our new Starbucks Store including the Reserve products (opening on Monday Sept 21, 2015** Visit our new La Coupole - laurentian bistro. Improve ambiance, great lounge, nice terrace and delicious meals. New concept starring Quebec's produce. During your stay at our five-star Montreal hotel, be sure to make time for the indoor saltwater pool, outdoor hot tub and Swedish sauna on our 12th floor rooftop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Priceline, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Le Crystal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Crystal Hotel
- Le Crystal Montreal