“Looking Forward to this trip already!”
Review of Hotel Le Crystal

Hotel Le Crystal
Ranked #12 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
GreenLeadersGold level
Yarmouth, Canada
“Looking Forward to this trip already!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have been to Montreal many times and love the city. This is the first time for my partner. I want it to be a memorable trip. We were looking at lots of hotels in the area but fell in-love with this one. We booked it last night so I immediately emailed there reservation department and ask them for a nice view if possible and a few other things. I was hoping to surprise my partner.

I woke up this morning and I already had a response from Mylene. It was all noted for me and ready to go. They seem very friendly and I am really looking forward to staying with them! This trip has already got off to a good start and it's still a month away! I will post a real review once I get back but I am already impressed by the friendliness and willingness to help.

Most hotels I have stayed in were not even this friendly and helpful while I was there let alone through e-mail.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Turkish first
Belleville, Canada
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My friend and I stayed at this hotel for the second time. It is right down the street from the train station (a ten minute walk). There is a fabulous Italian restaurant right across the street and a great steak house a five minute walk away. We saw a Cirque du Solieil show at the Bell Centre which is practically right across the street. Fabulous shopping is a ten minute walk away- several high end stores plus other lovely little boutiques. We walked everywhere we wanted to go because this hotel is right in the middle of things. The hotel it's self is beautiful- very modern and well maintained. Exceptionally clean and the dining room is great for a quick breakfast before you head out for the day- or you can eat in the well equipped kitchen in your room if you choose. The only little flaw we noted, is that they put a hefty deposit charge on your credit card when you check in. I believe it is a percentage of your room charge for your length of stay. In our case, it was over one thousand dollars and if you have a low credit limit on your card, it really cuts into how much spending you can do in Montreal. We spoke to the manager and they took it off because we are two middle aged woman who came to shop and dine in Montreal, not to drink and trash our room!! (Which is why they charge so much because the manager told us that this does happen!) we highly recommend staying at this hotel and look forward to staying there again. Be sure to ask how to get to Ogilvy's dept store. It is fabulous (and only a fifteen min walk away)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Went for NYE with a friend. The outdoor hot tub on the 12th floor has a fantastic view of the city and was a highlight. Great gym. Beautiful glassed in pool also on the 12th floor - a perfect place to nurse my hangover the next day. The queen suite (Rm 618) was fantastic. HUGE rain shower in an appropriately massive bathroom. In short - the facilities are fantastic BUT what really makes this hotel worth spending your money on is the service. The front desk staff could not do enough to help us. Helen was especially helpful. I had forgotten my iPhone charger at home. She just asked me to leave it with her and when I came back an hour later it was fully charged. I also forgot a pair of gloves in the room after checkout. I went back hours later and the housekeeping team brought them right to me. Every person we interacted with was happy and helpful. This is clearly a very well managed hotel that hires great people. We had a fantastic getaway and I will definitely be back to Le Crystal.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
CrystalGM, General Manager at Hotel Le Crystal, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Travel Doc 86,

Thank you very much for your very kind review! Our employees are always motivated when they receive such complimentary comments!

Hope to welcome you again sometime soon,

Geoff Allan
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very modern. A great place if that is your style. The staff was friendly. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The bed was perfect. There was not much to not like about this Hotel. I found it to be a very good value for the money. In short I would stay here again. The main. Reason I did not give it highest rating is that I prefer less modern more classic style. However if modern is your thing this is the place for you.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
New Jersey
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed here during F1 weekend. Beautiful rooms, gym, spa and location is ideal. Close to restaurants, subways and shopping. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: As usual.. high floor over looking the city
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Normally when staying in Montreal you'll find me at a Starwood property, such as the Sheraton on Westin, however I was peeved at the poor Sheraton service last time and wanted to try something new but in a similar location. I had heard the le Crystal was nice so gave it a shot for my 3 night stay while on business. They upgraded me to a large 1BR suite which was quite nice, albeit somewhat stark and modern, but very spacious. It had a full kitchenette, and a great/handy espresso machine. The internet service was included and quick, the noise from other rooms or hallway non-existant. The bed was quite firm, even for me. One thing I thought interesting given the high level of service and cleanliness I witnessed was the dirty dishes outside my door from another room's dinner I suppose, that sat there the entire stay. Seemed odd, but did not wreck my experience. Front desk was very helpful, but I never did see the 'limo service' as described on their website, which would've been nice for my meetings at other hotels. All in all a good experience, and I'm most likely to return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 6, 2012

After over thirty years staying at L`Hotel de la Montaigne we had to select a substitute for our frequent visits to our favorite city in N.A.We followed the manager ,Tina Rodrigues, to Le Crystal and found it to be a very comfortable transition.While it lacks the charm of L`Montaigne,the rooms are remarkable -spotless,quiet,,spacious with,lovely views and very comfortable in every way.The staff is very attentive and efficient particularly good service at the lounge and with parking..Coffee and all major newspapers in the lobby in the morning,wine and small plates at the cocktail hour.A fine dining restaurant,gym,pool, spa,outside deck and hot tub--this hotel is truly self contained.We look forward to returning for the January thaw.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple