“A fine place to stay”

Hotel Le Crystal
Ranked #12 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The hotel is very modern. A great place if that is your style. The staff was friendly. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The bed was perfect. There was not much to not like about this Hotel. I found it to be a very good value for the money. In short I would stay here again. The main. Reason I did not give it highest rating is that I prefer less modern more classic style. However if modern is your thing this is the place for you.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed here during F1 weekend. Beautiful rooms, gym, spa and location is ideal. Close to restaurants, subways and shopping. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: As usual.. high floor over looking the city
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Normally when staying in Montreal you'll find me at a Starwood property, such as the Sheraton on Westin, however I was peeved at the poor Sheraton service last time and wanted to try something new but in a similar location. I had heard the le Crystal was nice so gave it a shot for my 3 night stay while on business. They upgraded me to a large 1BR suite which was quite nice, albeit somewhat stark and modern, but very spacious. It had a full kitchenette, and a great/handy espresso machine. The internet service was included and quick, the noise from other rooms or hallway non-existant. The bed was quite firm, even for me. One thing I thought interesting given the high level of service and cleanliness I witnessed was the dirty dishes outside my door from another room's dinner I suppose, that sat there the entire stay. Seemed odd, but did not wreck my experience. Front desk was very helpful, but I never did see the 'limo service' as described on their website, which would've been nice for my meetings at other hotels. All in all a good experience, and I'm most likely to return.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 6, 2012

After over thirty years staying at L`Hotel de la Montaigne we had to select a substitute for our frequent visits to our favorite city in N.A.We followed the manager ,Tina Rodrigues, to Le Crystal and found it to be a very comfortable transition.While it lacks the charm of L`Montaigne,the rooms are remarkable -spotless,quiet,,spacious with,lovely views and very comfortable in every way.The staff is very attentive and efficient particularly good service at the lounge and with parking..Coffee and all major newspapers in the lobby in the morning,wine and small plates at the cocktail hour.A fine dining restaurant,gym,pool, spa,outside deck and hot tub--this hotel is truly self contained.We look forward to returning for the January thaw.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank purfsurf
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed for one night in this hotel. It had amazing huge glass window with a beautiful view. The suite was spacious and modern. Great location at the heart of downtown Montreal. Only little blip experienced was the concierge was meant to order us a white limo to pick us up after our wedding, and it never arrived, when we finally got back in touch with them they sent us a black one.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Miriam M
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We booked our stay weeks in advance but when we arrived, they didn't have our reservation. Luckily they had available rooms so they were able to fix the reservation. The front desk and concierge/bellmen staff were friendly.

Our reservation included "surprises" in our room, we weren't sure what they were. My husband called reception and they were a little rude ("Can't your see anything???" to which he replied "What am I looking for?"). Turns out the "surprises" were wine and roses - we thought that the wine was part of the mini bar stock and the flowers were standard decor.

The room itself was fine. The main room had a small table with 2 chairs, love seat, TV, and small kitchenette.

The bedroom had a queen bed, club chair, and desk. The TV was on a cabinet at the foot of the bed but my husband, who's tall, kept knocking it with his feet and he was afraid he'd knock the TV off in the middle of the night. The phone in the bedroom didn't work.

The bathroom was nice - double sink, large tub, large shower. Lots of towels and a lot of nice toiletries which I always like!

Included with our reservation was a continental breakfast which we didn't enjoy. The selection wasn't great, bottled juice was warm, dishes were dirty, glass was cracked, etc. However the service was good.

The location was very good, just a few blocks from St. Catherine and shopping.

Overall this hotel was nice but for the price, I really was expecting more. I would definitely check out other hotels before staying here again. Our friends stayed in a hotel nearby that was half the price but just as nice.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank daisey_1_1
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The hotel is quite new offering very contemporaneous and confortable rooms to the guests. I've stayed at the 1002 a small nice suite with kitchnet and a Nespresso machine with coffe capsules refurnished everyday, included in the rate. Nice from the hotel. Small investment that makes a big difference to the guests that like me like to wake-up very early to check mails an do some business work before 6 AM. Breakfast at the retaurant, (very helpfull employees) but with litle offer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with balcony in the upper floors. The view is great and city noise muc lower.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business