“Fantastic, sleek and sexy new hotel”
Review of Hotel Le Crystal

Hotel Le Crystal
Ranked #12 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 21, 2011

My wife and I love visiting Montreal and usually stay at a hotel a few blocks up the street from this one, but we were intrigued by Le Crystal and decided to give it a try. Wow, were we ever glad we did! This place is wonderful. First of all, great location, steps from restaurants and shopping and galleries. Inexpensive parking right across the street from the hotel. Our room was like a mini-apartment, really well designed with all sorts of smart features and nice fixtures and finishes. Had a rain shower as well as normal shower. We had a living room and kitchenette (which we didn't use) and everything you might need was included right down to dishcloth and dishwashing liquid. Very chic and romantic (reminded me of a high-end Miami hotel), but also very practical and great for business travellers. And the best part was the rooftop hot tub, which we loved spending time in. This is our new favourite Montreal hotel, and we can't wait to return.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheSweetman
Write a ReviewReviews (1,759)

Reviewed September 19, 2011

Stayed two days at "Le Crystal". Wonderfull, competent and smiling staff. Fancy but simple design.

My brother and I stayed in a Junior suite, the sofa bed is no supplement so go for it! There was a convenient alarm clock/ipod dock/jack to plug our computers and play music.

The bathrooms are huge and very clean (with a rain shower), great amenities. The hotel is perfectly located in the city center, litteraly 1 mn walk away from a nice terrace bar and a club and rue Sainte-Catherine.

Nice touch: as we where leaving the hotel on the last day of our stay the valet offered us two bottles of water right out of the fridge for our trip out of Montreal.

Don't go if you are fan of huge breakfast buffets, the hotel only offers plated breakfast and a small continental buffet, (but the Marriott next door offers one of the biggest buffets in town).

Didn't try the restaurants in the hotel. Nice bar and terace inside for an evening buffet.

Definitely the best place to find a outdoor hot tub with a great view. Heated exit for the winter, big indoor pool and saunas are a must try if you stay there.

Room Tip: our room 618 had a view on the service area of the hotel, very quiet from the street noise, just the...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank TravellingBSC
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I was traveling for business to attend a conference for my company being held at the hotel. I thought the hotel was fabulous and absolutely loved my room. Wish I could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Colleen K
Reviewed September 16, 2011

The Hotel is right near the Bell Centre and Crescent Street and is centrally located to many of the major office towers in downtown Montreal. Attention to detail and level of service was exceptional. The European "green" features for energy efficiency and comfort were not only interesting but highly functional. Upon arrival and without request, I was upgraded to a corner suite which was extremely spacious and well equiped for a business trip with an ample size desk and ease of connection to internet. Faxes that came in were promptly brought to the room by hotel staff. Considering the time of year for travelling the hotel was a very welcoming place to return to after a business day. Staff are knowledgable about restaurant recommendations and travel times. The only negative is the busness cenre is in the heart of the lobby and does not offer much privacy and can be distracting because fo noise.

On the whole it was a great hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite. The room size is extremely generous.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I have rent a room for the anniversary of my parent this summer. We have made reservation thru internet. When I went to pay the room so that my parent would have to paid, I ask if the had corporate rate... The lady at the front desk told me yes but she could not give me that rate beacause the reservation was made by internet! What kind if explanation is that for a hotel that is a 4 stars... And the no was ferm and definitive...

Otherwise...The hotel is new, clean, safe, bed confortable, the bathroom clean and spacious with a lot of room. Near downtown, so very convenient.

Conclusion? Nice hotel, but for the customer service, still have to improve a little bit for a 4 stars hotel...service have to be perfect!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Very new. Super friendly and helpful staff who happily switched to English.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank 4boyzaz
CrystalGM, General Manager at Hotel Le Crystal, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2011

Dear 4boyzaz,

Thank you very much for your very kind and motivating comment!

Our team sincerely appreciates the Kudos!

Best wishes and hope to welcome you again soon,

Geoff Allan

Reviewed September 7, 2011

We stayed at Le Crystal for New Years for two nights, it has a great location to crescent street and is one of the newer, more hip hotels in the area. The deluxe suite was great, providing us with all of the necessities with great little touches. Although the rooms were nice and modern, there is a bit of a cold, business like feel to them. The bathroom was wonderful and big with a separate deep tub that fits two, as well as a stand up shower. The bedroom is closed off to the living area and has a great fake fur blanket for extra comfort. There is ample closet and drawer space, which I imagine is great for longer stays. The little kitchenette area is more than sufficient. The only complaint I have about this hotel is the service. We were greatly displeased by the valet parking, understandably parking downtown is expensive, but to have to pay each time you want something out of your car is just ridiculous. The front desk as well was rude and unhelpful, I can only imagine what a sour image they portray to tourists from other countries. I hope this doesn't make people think less of Montrealers and our friendly attitudes. Room service was deplorable, we ordered two hamburgers, a fry and a sandwich for $65+, I didn't mind the price, but you figure that they could at least be friendly when bringing it to your room. The man who delivered was the most miserable person I have seen.

The outdoor hot tub was a nice touch, especially in the cold weather!

Would I recommend this hotel? I would, but more to business travelers, there is something lacking from this hotel, it's missing the charm that is Montreal. The service made you feel like you were a bother to them, and for that reason I wouldn't recommend to families or romantic getaways.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family

Dear 514Tattoo,

Thank you for the time to write your review, despite it being surprisingly late following your stay of just over 8 months ago.

I appreciated your favorable comments and paid careful attention to your perception of service. I was very disappointed to read your service at reception. Since December 2010 we created new guest service training platforms and as you can see from other recent comments our service is currently highly rated. We have made several changes, added technology and taken phone calls off the reception desk all in an effort to create more personalized attention to all guests.

On your comments of having to pay to get any item from your car while it is parked, that is false. Our day parking and overnight parking rates are the least expensive of any downtown hotel, not to mention our parking is exclusively valet and in our heated facility. To be clear, when you want something from your car at any time there is no charge. If someone asked you to pay, please provide their name or time of day.

For the room service delivery we have unfortunately had similar complaints on rare occasions and I have forwarded them to the restaurant operator for their action and remedy. Your comments at minimum help add measurable cause that the hotel needs to manage and control the food & beverage experience in the hotel.

Thank you again for your comments but they are more relevant and fair when they are fresh.

Geoff Allan