Like others have mentioned, if you are visiting Montreal as a tourist, this is not the place to stay. Yes, the Metro (subway) is right outside the door, but, there is really nowhere to walk around in Longueul near this hotel, However, if you have a reason to be in Longueuil or nearby, as we did, this is a good hotel.
We spent the nights of Dec 30 and 31st at the Sandman to be close to family. Based on reviews here, I was a little worried, but, it was just a normal typical hotel - in a good way. Clean, seemingly new furnishings, rooms had space, reception was nice and friendly, efficient in both French and English, free and convenient parking, free wifi (could be a little slow after dinner time). Check out was fast. I have no idea what else one would expect in a mid-range hotel like this. We would happily stay here again while visiting.
We did not try the pool, but we looked at it - there were kids having a good time, lots of natural light.
A few small items to note: We had a hard time keeping the room at the perfect temperature. With the heat on even low, it got quite warm and with the heat off, it cooled down quickly - but it probably would have been better if we had closed the curtains on the large floor-to-ceiling windows. Again, this was a very small thing. We was on the 10th floor (out of 16), and with only 2 elevators it was a long wait for one just before checkout time on a busy day. After one elevator came and was so full already I couldn't fit, I chose to walk down the 10 flights of stairs, only to discover that you couldn't get out of the stairwell on the Lobby level, so I had to walk back up to the 2nd floor and wait for an elevator anyway.
Note - breakfast was an additional $9 downstairs, but we ate elsewhere so I cannot comment on that.
Summary - for price and location for our needs, we will probably stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of Canada's most popular tourist destinations, Montreal boasts a range of entertainment, events, and activities. An arts scene like no other, come experience Montreal with Sandman Hotel Montreal-Longueuil. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandman Hotel Montreal-Longueuil reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandman Montreal Longueuil Hotel Longueuil
- Sandman Hotel Montreal Longueuil